Favorite youtube video

Very cool Star Trek-like tech. This 3D printer does more than just the regular one you know ... it can color, vary strength, and make moving parts.

My jaw just dropped.

That company is two towns away from me.

Sounds like he's having fun with a vibrator up his ass...or so I imagine anyway. Not that I have any experience with such things... :LOL:

Yes, money is created through the issuance of debt. This is why we need strong regulation of banks: without strong regulation, you can have nasty shocks that dramatically contract the money supply and are incredibly difficult to reverse (such as the current one). It is strange, but it isn't bad. In fact, it is quite beneficial for both efficiency and stabilization of the economy (usually). This is because of two things:
1. Lending is sort of a grease to the wheels of the economy: when a person knows they will have a stable income into the future, they can borrow money and have what they want right now, in return for an interest fee.
2. The central bank can change the price of lending quite rapidly, and in so doing change the supply of money much more rapidly than is generally possible through the printing of money. In particular, the central bank can contract the money supply when that supply gets too large, something that is much harder to do with paper money.

But, of course, it is absolutely necessary to have strong regulation of banks lest financial crashes cause widespread damage to economies. In the US, we had such strong regulation after the Great Depression, and as a result didn't have a single financial crash all the way up to the early 80's, when that regulation was removed.

I miss Ali G...

Me too. A buddy of mine bought the boxed set and we sat down and watched every episode. It's pure hilarity. My favorite is when he trains to become a police officer.

I dunno why, but I found this commercial hilarious:

Finally the truth behind Apple's iPhone success....

(subtitles bottom right corner)

Back