Rayman Raving Rabbids announced (Wii launch title)

That 3D render looks pretty cool to me (scary huh?!). The poly's are low but lighting is quite convincing and the art stye strong. Not sure about the hairdo though...

Secret Unveiled?....I still think it's some form of stereoscopic 3d...look at the picture. It definitely seems like the assets are running off the screen towards the player.

Shifty Geezer said:
Wow, CnVG and GI.biz have both had similar facelifts, but they're not related, are they?

Yes they are...they are both owned by the same parent company.

Edit: Oops...actually they are not. Next-gen.biz and CnVG are (Future), as well as Eurogamer.net and GI.biz (Eurogamer).

on a wild tangent

the system requirements of the soon-to-be-released PC port of RE4 (done by Ubi?)

Supported OS: Windows® 2000/XP (only)
Processor: 1 GHz Pentium® III or AMD Athlon™ (or better)
RAM: 256 MB
Video Card: 128 MB DirectX® 9.0c-compliant AGP or PCI Express graphics card (256 or higher for High Graphics Detail support) (see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compliant (or better)
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c or higher (included on disc)
CD-ROM: 12x or faster CD-ROM
Hard Drive Space: 1.2 GB minimum
Peripherals Supported: Gamepad

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release
NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX/6/7 families
ATI® Radeon® 9200-9800/X families.

:devilish:

There wasn't a screenshot at that link (just a wierd drawing with WIIIIIIIIIIIII written on it), plus it would be silly to look at a screenshot for a game (especially one such as this) and declare that it confirms how powerful the system will be..

That's why I assumed you were joking.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the pick in the original post, only of the game and not the two boys. As to deriving the entire system performance from one screen from one game, of course not. But the low poly models aren't indicative of a more capable machine. If they can render 5x the poly count, why such simplistic rabbits? Maybe for scenes where there's a thousand rabbits on screen? I dunno. Certainly we haven't seen anything this simple on PS3 or XB360 (I don't think), but have seen similar quality from current gen, which gives a slight example, backed by lots of rumour and speculation, of what to expect from the system as a whole.

There's also 720p version of the "game screen" alone - if it would be from Wii, why would it be in 720p instead of 480p?

hey69 said:
why the :devilish: ?

somebody did a hell of a port job. the recommender VRAM alone is 5 times more than what the cube has altogether. and no, i don't think they redid all the art assets in hi res.

Back