Have a look at what i found in my room (OLD)

Evnas

Newcomer
Its a video card from 1983 :) Used to have it in an old pre-x86 IBM. Cant find the rest of the system, but i found this laying around...put it mext to a S3 Trio64, and GF4 MX400 for size contrast. If i remember right, the thing only has about 64k or 128k of memory, WITH the memory expansion card attatched (the thing above the card)

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

PC-Engine said:
Anybody have pics of a CGA card? :LOL:

:LOL: I actually used to have a system with an 8086 and a Hercules CGA, if I'm not mistaken (Tandy 1000?)...

It actually was a decent size... not horribly oversized like that. o_O;

Wish I had. :(
I should have snaged the CGA card we had laying around at the old computer club at uni (I think it was thrown away). It was two full length ISA cards. Like Evnas long one. And it was filled with "patches", or whatever it should be called. I guess they only could do double sided PCBs, so the rest of the "layers" were done with wires. A truly horrible sight. :D

I think I have a 1MB memory expansion + parallel/serial combination card laying around somwhere. Hows that for a weird combo. :eek:

Wow I think someone was trying to make up for something they were lacking :) hahah its great seeing old stuff. I might go and open up my tandy... oh yea

Hehe...I'd have an old Cirrus Logic card if I didn't feel like playing with it after I got my S3 Virge (I "dismantled" the main chip...).

Chalnoth said:
Hehe...I'd have an old Cirrus Logic card if I didn't feel like playing with it after I got my S3 Virge (I "dismantled" the main chip...).

Did you also catch dragonflies so you can pull off their wings?
Or how about catching grasshoppers to pull off their legs?
:p

Edited my original post cuz ya guys sapped my bandwidth, lol...had to actually use my ATTBI webspace :)

DeathKnight said:
Check out this IBM card from '88:

http://www.meekandfrail.com/vidpictemp/ibm.jpg

Probably EGA. Check out the oldie heatspreaders too ;)

I am not 100 % until I check this one, but I think that's not GFX Card... I have one card that looks identical (If I recal right) and it is 85xx terminal emulation card. I also have IBM EGA Card.

you want to see some old stuff? you will get it ;)
my collection used to be a lot bigger but because I haven't got space for them I was forced throw away most of them... :(

ahh.. the old days...
*Nappe1 turns volume up and switches OLDDAYS.PLS to winamp.
Now Playing Rob Hubbard: -The Indianapolis 500 Intro (original Adlib synth mix.)

PC-Engine said:
Did you also catch dragonflies so you can pull off their wings?
Or how about catching grasshoppers to pull off their legs?
:p

Well, when I was a kid, I did catch fireflies and smear their glowing part on my face (the butt). Kind of like a glow-in-the-dark warpaint...

My little brother was worse, though. I only mutilated insects. He mutilated frogs...

Basic said:
DeathKnight said:
Check out the oldie heatspreaders too ;)

Are you sure it's there as heat spreaders?
It could be RF shielding.

Ever gotten your hands on a PC built for military TEMPEST shielding? Talk about a god-awful amount of metal. In 1993, when 486s were the rage, my group bought two 386s for $25k apiece.

And, yes, I got out a screwdriver and took out the thirty screws on the top plate to look inside the box. (This was about 1/4th the total number of visible screws on the surface.) Seemed to be mostly regular computer guts in a safe-like case with foil lining and copper flanges all around the plates to ensure good contact.

Now the monitor... looked normal, was heavy as hell, and I'm not sure how they shielded the glass face to prevent any emissions other than light.

flf said:
Ever gotten your hands on a PC built for military TEMPEST shielding? Talk about a god-awful amount of metal. In 1993, when 486s were the rage, my group bought two 386s for $25k apiece.

Oh, yeah, I saw one of those cases! Damn was that thing heavy. If I remember correctly, it had about 4-5 layers of metal mesh inside the case.

Back