Everyone Loves Katamari Damacy!

There are certain things I will never understand the appeal of and this game is one those things

Have you played the original katamari damacy? It's actually so much fun. totally 100% unique and one of the few games that's very entertaining without the use of violence (other than sports games of course). Anyways I'll be picking this game up the moment it's released stateside (assuming it will be, otherwise I'll have to import it).

ralexand said:
There are certain things I will never understand the appeal of and this game is one those things. :)
Then you have not played the game. I strongly encourage you to try it--it's like being a kid again...

.Sis

Sis said:
ralexand said:
There are certain things I will never understand the appeal of and this game is one those things. :)
Then you have not played the game. I strongly encourage you to try it--it's like being a kid again...

.Sis

I'd love to. Obviously us european gamers are too stupid to deserve a game like this.

london-boy said:
Sis said:
ralexand said:

.Sis

I'd love to. Obviously us european gamers are too stupid to deserve a game like this.
Ouch, that sucks. I always take this granted... (must...resist...urge...to...gloat... :D )

.Sis

Impressions based on < 1hr, see reason below

This game does not need any introductions or explanations about gameplay. So I'll skip these.

Presentation
Visual tech is unimpressive, but very stylish and cheerful. Screens everywhere so I won't elaborate. Music and sound effects are very good, though heavily Japanese-themed.

High Production Value
This product has a very high production quality. You know this is really special when even load/save screens, interfaces, every single sound effect, navigation menus, loading screen, ranking screen, etc. etc. are absolutely customized and tailored to the game and its theme. Did I mention 'navigation menu'? Actually there isn't one - this has been specially customized. This stuff needs to be seen. This title also has what I consider the most impressive intro movie I have seen. The game manual - this gets the 'best game manual of all time' award. It literally looks like one of those colourful children books about animal stories and stuff.

New extras
Camera following the prince automatically looks through objects if blocked. Movies of King Cosmo's youth. Take pictues of in-game levels from 1st-person view(when the camera is obtained). May be more that I'm unaware of.

I am weak
After a few levels I was down with motion-sickness. I suspect that if I kept on straight paths and refrain from back-and-side-steps, this won't be a serious problem.

At the risk of getting pimp slapped, I found the first Katamari to be one of the most overrated games this gen.

Back