Nvidia to end shipments of chips to MS current quarter

jvd said:
So in closeing .... I told you so
Yes, you also told us those recently leaked specs were off-target, and I told you you would have been disappointed :)

Well, I was right too, (though not as right as JVD) but for all MS's talk, basically they were bald-faced liars. "No, we're not cutting back XB. XB is still going strong." *swish*!

XB demand will either jump dramatically as people get the last of the cheap console, or it'll losr all interest rapidly. Why buy a console if it looks like at any time support is going to be dropped for it? Though I expect devs to still write for the user-base, how much will MS encourage them to go 360 instead? A lot I reckon.

MS told Gamespot they'd address backwards compatibility at E3. Now, that doesn't really mean anything, but it implies MS will have it. Why would he have a date to give the bad news?

As strange as it may sound, this kind of news is pushing me to want to get an Xbox, before they disappear from the shelves.

I'm not looking forward to the next generation and wish they would wait awhile before the new consoles arrive.

But I'd still like to play PDO, Halo, Oddworld Stranger and Ninja Gaiden.

It looks like this won't be possible in the near future.

There is so much untapped potential in the current consoles, even the PS2. Christmas 2006 seems like a much better time to release a new console, not now.

End of this quarter? That's by what, July? Do MS have stockpiles to carry over to Xmas, or will XBs cease to be shipped in August then, with no MS hardware for a few months?

Shifty Geezer said:
End of this quarter? That's by what, July? Do MS have stockpiles to carry over to Xmas, or will XBs cease to be shipped in August then, with no MS hardware for a few months?

Guess there are still some Xboxes left to sell. They don't need to worry about Japan afterall.

Shifty Geezer said:

Well if present inventories and ease of availability are any indicator here in the US, then Microsoft has already begun to run out of their XBox stocks, and I don't even know if the console will be on the shelves come Christmas.

Back