Getting Broaband for E3

dantruon

Regular
Im currently a dial up user and Im already sign up for a broadband deal with 1.5Mb download speed and 256kb upload speed for AUD $50 per month.

The whole installation thing will be done in about 2 weeks, ok maybe 3, that just in time for E3 where all the new console are shown.......I cant bloody wait to see the next gen graphic and new innovative gameplay for all three systems.

Since using dial up takes me ages to download a single video, with a 1.5Mb download speed it will take me minutes ..... ahaaaaaa im so happpy

:D :D :D

This is the best deal I ever done, any comment or advise would be appreciated on how to get the best out of broadband.

thanks guy

Why don't you get Optus cable instead?

Works out to less than $50 a month if you have your phone hookup with them also.

(Its what I just got 8) )

i somehow fail to see the relevance between this and "console talk".

but then again maybe it's just me.

Well he DID mention E3, so I guess that makes it alright...

Btw, where is the city of HELLsinki? It's got to be located fairly deep down, eh? :D

Kesler said:
If I lived just 1810 feet down the road I could have broadband from SBC,

grr o_O

Call them every 3-6mo and make sure they keep you on their list of people desiring the service. They will eventually expand in your direction. This happend to my parents. Just don't give up ;) If they know you still want the service they will keep that in mind when looking at growth considerations.

I have a nice 4MB*down/500KB*up one which rarely gets used to its full speed. Only with torrents (the fastest ones, or a few of them at the same time). And i've stopped dloading lots of stuff, i've downloaded the world, there's nothing left now!! :LOL:
But it's nice to be able to get new episodes of American Idol in less than 5 mins. :oops: YES, I WATCH AMERICAN IDOL! :devilish:
My PC has pretty much taken over my TV lately, all the programs i want to see are the ones that don't get aired on TV so i just dload them in a few minutes.
Let's just not get into a Downloading TV stuff is illegal kind of thread now.

I got Telstra Cable myself. Yeah Telstra suck, but when it works it is great, for $59AUD/month you get up to the equivilent of 10Mbit/sec cable, which is very nice.

The highest speed I ever got was 2MByte/sec, yes it was cached but even still that surprised me bigtime, because most of the time I get about 200-300KBytes/sec. or around 800KBytes/sec when downloading stuff off the Telstra site.

Bohdy said:
Why don't you get Optus cable instead?

Works out to less than $50 a month if you have your phone hookup with them also.

(Its what I just got 8) )

I also considering that also , but i have telstra home phone and i dont want to change my number.

hey do u guy know any good program that we can monitor our download/upload speed in real time?

thanks

If you sign up for telstra cable and probably adsl for that matter you can download the telstra download meter off the bigpond website. It's decent but I haven't bothered downloading since I got the new cd (namely because I can't remember what the password is and I can't be bothered waiting on hold for 30 minutes waiting for telstra to change it).

yeah thans for the advice , i stick to to tgp in the mean time, and if cable price drop i might switch to cable.

Do you guys have a cap on downloads? Here in Delhi companies have begun offering BB in a big way just now. But they have a limit on total donwloads (per month), it sucks, what is the point in getting BB when there is a cap on how much can you surf.

Deepak said:
Do you guys have a cap on downloads? Here in Delhi companies have begun offering BB in a big way just now. But they have a limit on total donwloads (per month), it sucks, what is the point in getting BB when there is a cap on how much can you surf.

Yeah that's crap.
Some of the cheap companies do it here as well. Wanadoo had a 30GB/month cap up until not too long ago on their 1Mb connection.
BT also had limits, last time i checked.
They're quite high limits, 30GB a month is quite a lot, but i prefer having no limits, it just makes me feel claustophobic.

london-boy said:
Yeah that's crap.
Some of the cheap companies do it here as well. Wanadoo had a 30GB/month cap up until not too long ago on their 1Mb connection.
They're quite high limits, 30GB a month is quite a lot, but i prefer having no limits, it just makes me feel claustophobic.

We have a ridiculous limit of ~ 500MB/Month IIRC here. o_O Though I don't a connection at home I can visualise having to keep track of downlaod traffic while browsing, it would just kill the experience.

Deepak said:
london-boy said:
Yeah that's crap.

We have a ridiculous limit of ~ 500MB/Month IIRC here. o_O Though I don't a connection at home I can visualise having to keep track of downlaod traffic while browsing, it would just kill the experience.

500 MB ??? what can you do with that?

I have 20 GB limit for AUD $50 , is that worthwhile ?

Back