Any Far Cry PS3.0 pics anywhere?

From what I understand, you can't see PS3.0 until DX9c is released from Microsoft.

Dave

EDIT: Did they show this at the Nvidia event?

DemoCoder took this pic at the nVidia event.

Far_Cry_Pixel3.jpg

I've tried FarCry with DX9.0c. PS3 support and VS3 support are detected but the game doesn't use them.

I have 1 more FC photo, but it is a little blurry because they were moving the in-game camera when I took it, and I was using a 1/60s shutter speed on a 4.0 wide angle lense @ 800 ISO. I should have taken it at 1/250 and 3200 ISO but it would have way more digital noise.

DemoCoder said:
I was using a 1/60s shutter speed on a 4.0 wide angle lense @ 800 ISO. I should have taken it at 1/250 and 3200 ISO but it would have way more digital noise.

Totally of topic, but what camera and lens were you using DemoCoder? A Canon D10 with a 17-40 f/4.0L comes to mind? 8)

LeStoffer said:
DemoCoder said:
I was using a 1/60s shutter speed on a 4.0 wide angle lense @ 800 ISO. I should have taken it at 1/250 and 3200 ISO but it would have way more digital noise.

Totally of topic, but what camera and lens were you using DemoCoder? A Canon D10 with a 17-40 f/4.0L comes to mind? 8)

D60 with that lens. :) I had a 50mm @ f/1.4L with me which works much better in low light, but I was sitting too close to the screen.

Strange that nobody else made pics or a short movie? :? Did you see any other guys with cams? I swear i can see flashlights all the time during your video.

According to some (p)reviews, the 60.72 driver simply does not expose VS/PS 3.0 at all. xbitlabs also couldn't get their PS 3.0 tests to run.

thop said:
Strange that nobody else made pics or a short movie? :? Did you see any other guys with cams? I swear i can see flashlights all the time during your video.

There were lots of people there with amateur cams. One guy from a review site did have a Canon XL1, so we'll probably see some better video than what I took released.

Also, there were a bunch of professional media with tripods setup on the balcony. Who knows what that video is going to be used for.

mczak said:
According to some (p)reviews, the 60.72 driver simply does not expose VS/PS 3.0 at all. xbitlabs also couldn't get their PS 3.0 tests to run.

That's false. PS3/VS3 support is exposed with 60.72 if you have DX9.0c.

Some PS3 tests won't run because DX9.0c brings some new limits. For example, powervr demos won't run at all because they use dependent texture read in conditional branch.

Back