Random Crashes (hard lock)

You to try hose path traced games that were unplayable on AMD đź‘€ ;)
Witcher was the only ray traced game I tried. It technically worked on the 6700XT but that's all I can say for it. Beyond the low framerate, the stuttering was worse than anything I've seen. I knew raytracing wasn't a viable option on the card when I bought it, so no worries. But I didn't expect the 4070 to handle it with such ease. I wasn't even using frame generation and it was superbly fluid. Both cards are of the same caliber (192bit, similar die size) so having 1 generation separating them, I didn't expect such a difference. And that's with the 4070 having a severely crippled version of AD104, whereas the 6700XT is fully enabled Navi 22.

Witcher was the only ray traced game I tried. It technically worked on the 6700XT but that's all I can say for it. Beyond the low framerate, the stuttering was worse than anything I've seen. I knew raytracing wasn't a viable option on the card when I bought it, so no worries. But I didn't expect the 4070 to handle it with such ease. I wasn't even using frame generation and it was superbly fluid. Both cards are of the same caliber (192bit, similar die size) so having 1 generation separating them, I didn't expect such a difference. And that's with the 4070 having a severely crippled version of AD104, whereas the 6700XT is fully enabled Navi 22.

There's a free path traced mod for Quake that's really good and looks cool.

There's a free path traced mod for Quake that's really good and looks cool.
Now I need a bigger SSD :LOL: . I'd underestimated the sheer size of modern games. Absolute units.

Speaking of size, my new 4070 is comically overbuilt. Longest card I've ever seen, and it only has a single 8pin power connector. Way longer than the 6700XT.

Back