Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
No I mean, she actually looks... fatter?

This

Capture.JPG

Does make her look fat, but it's a combination of the clothes and how her arms are hanging that make her look fatter than the PS5 shots that we've seen.

I just noticed and can't unsee it now, but this shot also makes her big toe look REALLY big. :D

The lighting is also unkind to her which makes it look like she has some serious bags under her eyes.

Regards,
SB

Seems ps4 users wont be missing out much. GG is ome of the best studios out there imo, in special considering they went from KZ ps2 to this.

Also, just noticed the massive blur on her fingers. It's weirding me out and making it uncomfortable (verging on headache inducing for me) to look at it. I wonder if they are using checkerboard rendering and maybe that's just compounding any loss of detail due to it being on PS4-P.

Of course, in normal gameplay you aren't going to be seeing her fingers like that, so it's not a problem for anyone playing the game.

Regards,
SB

Year 1 of PS5 has just ended, and devs are already filling up the triple layered BD XL disc space. 97GB for HFW.

We will for sure get games on two disc quite soon. :runaway:

Year 1 of PS5 has just ended, and devs are already filling up the triple layered BD XL disc space. 97GB for HFW.

I'm glad that now that the hardware has the ability to use high quality assets of larger sizes (not limited to waiting minutes for large assets to load of slow HDDs) that there's at least some attempt to use it. Hopefully we'll eventually see games for this console generation taking up 200-300 GB of space with really detailed and varied assets.

Regards,
SB

Reactions: snc
I just hope that by the end of this gen I will be able to get faster internet speed [slim chance in my area]. I'm stuck on ~14mbits. :cry:

Just to be clear, this is not a cross-gen disc release, right? So the disc does not have the PS4 and PS5 versions on it? So this is entirely 97 GB for the PS5 version, quite impressive.

As much as I'm looking forward to this game, I'm going to have to put off playing it for a bit. I'm cleaning up the remaining God of War PC achievements and then plan to jump into Elden Ring which comes out the week after H:FW.. and that definitely takes priority for me.

I'm kind of debating whether I want to get it on PS4 a bit later, or if I'll just hold out for the eventual PC release. Guess I'll just have to see how I feel about it later. I'm really excited for it though. It looks simply amazing.. and I love what I'm seeing wrt encampments and towns being much more lively and "lived in". The world building and interactivity is looking much improved over the first one.

That might be because your mind knows its running on 'just' a PS4. For being a PS5/'next gen title' its not that impressive, for being the PS4 its mighty impressive.
Of course. The hardware/performance must always be taken into account relative to the output.

Last edited:
Back