Do you want the new Silent Hill game to be at Tokyo Game Show?

My hope is for someone (idk like Sony) to make a bunch of surgical purchases of IP, and from Konami they should definitely get both Metal Gear and Silent Hill.

I still have the P.T. demo on my PS4 (which actually increases its reseller value!). I bet Kojima, Guillermo del Toro and Norman Reedus would be down to make Silent Hills on the new gen.

All of the rumours about the return of Silent Hill began because of a man called Dusk Golem, aka Ryan. He does have a proven track record for things like Resident Evil, but I think he mainly just posts stuff for clicks. Virtually every site where you read any news about survival horror games, has his hearsay mentioned as the primary source. Well, all I can do now is hope for the best, since Konami is attending Tokyo Game Show this weekend. That isn't to say they will announce anything, but Tokyo Game Show sounds like a possible event, since this soft reboot is supposedly being developed by a Japanese company. And the franchise, funnily enough, has only sold 9 million units during its lifetime. So it ain't even that massive anyway, when compared to the series it often gets compared to. The Resident Evil franchise as a whole on the other hand, has sold around 100 million units.

I think that Team Silent leaving Konami was why the series ended up the way that it did. While the games had decent stories throughout even after Team Silent broke up, I hated the combat in all of the subsequent games. Especially in Homecoming, when you have to use an axe most of the time because you rarely find any bullets for the guns. Not to mention, healing items weren't exactly plentiful either. I've gone back to the game a few times, hoping to finish it properly, and I've never been able to defeat that giant doll. :oops:

What tends to bug me is that on YouTube, people say that Hideo Kojima falling out with Konami was why the series is trash, and they constantly say it's nothing "without Hideo Kojima". And I'm like, "Um... hello. Do these people not know that Hideo came into the series during the 2010s for just that one game, and that this series has existed since 1999?" Uh - at least do your research! :confused:

Anyway... I also hated 4: The Room. It boasted of some great ideas in terms of what it offered up, but again, the very frustrating gameplay made it mostly unenjoyable for me. Especially when you have to exorcise the possessions in Henry's apartment, and babysit your female neighbour, as well as having to deal with the fact you're being stalked by a serial killer you cannot really kill, and the ghosts of his victims also chase you around. All of this just caused discomfort. :devilish:

But if I had to pick a favourite, I'd say it's Silent Hill 3. I love looking inside Helen's Bakery. There's just something about those retro PS2 graphics.

Here's hoping that Konami gives us some indication of what's happening with Silent Hill over the weekend. They're scheduled to be at Tokyo Game Show both tomorrow and Sunday. Capcom are also going to be showing off Resident Evil Village for a few hours, although I cannot say I'm as excited about that as I am for hearing about Silent Hill coming back. But please don't let all of these rumours be for nothing, after getting people's hopes up for ages now. There hasn't been a new entry ever since 2012. It's definitely time Konami did something with the IP other than just licensing it for non canon stuff, and gambling venues.

Back