Portable PS5? *spawn*

That tweet series is entirely talking about Microsoft's Lockhart product. Nothing Sony about it.
Lockhart isn’t portable, and this guy is a former Sony dev who has been dropping hints about their architecture constantly. I’m suggesting he’s using the conversation as a trogan horse for spilling the beans.

Lockhart isn’t portable, and this guy is a former Sony dev who has been dropping hints about their architecture constantly.

I know, and he currently works for Roblox. But trust me, the first tweet is entirely about Microsoft Lockhart. Read some of the followups around Twitter and The Verge.

But its interesting that you take it to mean portable PS5 design. We'll find out in under 6 months.

I know, and he currently works for Roblox. But trust me, the first tweet is entirely about Microsoft Lockhart. Read some of the followups around twitter and The Verge.

But its interesting that you take it to mean portable PS5 design. We'll find out in under 6 months.
I’ve read the entire thread. There’s no reason why he’d believe Lockhart is portable if he’s at all paying attention to the rumors. No one has said Lockhart is portable.

Maybe he's thinking it is because size is all relative, and Lockhart is smaller than the One S and the PS5 is larger than anything else. Shrug. I doubt he'd be that bold to break any NDAs that freely.

Maybe he's thinking it is because size is all relative, and Lockhart is smaller than the One S and the PS5 is larger than anything else. Shrug. I doubt he'd be that bold to break any NDAs that freely.
Is it clearly breaking NDA? Everyone else assumed he was talking about Lockhart, after all ;)

I’ve read the entire thread. There’s no reason why he’d believe Lockhart is portable if he’s at all paying attention to the rumors. No one has said Lockhart is portable.

Didn’t someone here just post an image laying out two modes for Lockhart with one being under 10 W?

20 is not a multiple of 18.
I am expecting 2 CUs disabled for yields. He was most probably talking about the whole number, it's better for PR. And based on his tweets from the last year or so, he is now technically a PR mouth for MS with the advantage of being able to spread FUD without legal consequences.

But 18 CUs are interesting because Sony could in theory use Lockhart to run their PS4 games via PS Now. :runaway:

Lockhart isn’t portable, and this guy is a former Sony dev who has been dropping hints about their architecture constantly. I’m suggesting he’s using the conversation as a trogan horse for spilling the beans.

To me it looks like its his view on hardware in general, he probably knows a lot about the performance of upcoming RDNA2 chips and he weighs in with that in a general manner, like here. 20CUs is a enough for 1080p/900 to me , means that its just a PS4/XBO ish thing with a better CPU if it got Zen2

Back