Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the rumored 560 GB/s (14 Gbps @ 320 bit) are enough for a 12 TF GPU which shares the bandwidth with a beefy CPU like Zen 2, as it would only be ~47 GB/s per TFLOP. Or if they would need to use 16 Gbps memory or something in between. The current consoles all have over 51 GB/s while having a much weaker CPU. On the other hand RDNA has better color compression which would save bandwidth.
Agreed, hoping that they have an answer for this deficit

I am sorry for this post but someone had to do it:

New services empower you
We know you expect the next generation of consoles to set new standards in graphical power and processing speed
A superior balance of power and speed
Xbox Series X represents a superior balance of power and speed in console design
and tap into the console’s power with efficiency
Raw power is just part of the story:
Xbox Series X is our most powerful console ever powered
four times the processing power of an Xbox One
a true generational leap in processing and graphics power
Our patented form of VRS empowers developers
the full power of the Xbox Series X
powered by hardware-accelerated DirectX Raytracing
Smart Delivery: This technology empowers you
Xbox Series X is our fastest, most powerful console ever...Whether it’s empowering amazing creators at our 15 Xbox Game Studios

Strategy: Power (16x times): Their most powerful console and a balanced console (we heard that one before). But at least they say people expect new standards for the next gen of consoles which was brilliant.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming

BGs - vetted VR dev at neogaf said:
I can't say anything about the devkits. Although I can say something now that Microsoft has officially published the "number". And what I can say is the following:

If XsX is "12TF" then PS5 is not "9.2TF".

Similarly, if PS5 is "9.2TF" then XsX is not "12TF".

What's this supposed to mean exactly o_O

Strategy: Power (16x times): Their most powerful console and a balanced console (we heard that one before). But at least they say people expect new standards for the next gen of consoles which was brilliant.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming
giphy.gif

I dont know why they had to say 'twice the power of X', there's no need...and if anything saying that just doesn't sound as 'powerful' as they want us to think it is.

This seems to say the GPU will be around 2080 super (a ~£600 GFX card) - that's great, who expected that level in a console this year? That plus SSD @ £500? Yes please!

Now we just need Sony to start confirming things.

Well that was a stupid thing to do. How about this alternative prejudiced parsing...

The future of gaming has never been more inspiring. Creativity in games is flourishing. New services empower you to discover more games—and bring you closer to the games and creators and streamers you love. The cloud creates a massive opportunity to stream console-quality games and play with the people you want, wherever you want.

We know you expect the next generation of consoles to set new standards in graphical power and processing speed, converging together in games that look incredible and feel alive.

Xbox Series X delivers a true generational leap in processing and graphics power with cutting edge techniques resulting in higher framerates, larger, more sophisticated game worlds, and an immersive experience unlike anything seen in console gaming.

Rather than spending GPU cycles uniformly to every single pixel on the screen, they can prioritize individual effects on specific game characters or important environmental objects

– a first for console gaming. This means true-to-life lighting, accurate reflections and realistic acoustics in real time as you explore the game world.​

Strategy, 12 "Games/gaming" before half-way through; I got bored by that point. I imagine same could be achieved highlighting 'play' and derivates. In short, it's no Booker Prize contender, but anyone hacking apart the prose as you've done is wilfully creating a skewed interpretation.

Last edited:
Strategy, 12 "Games/gaming"
There's 33% more power than gaming then?
Would you say they are close in mentions?
:)

Raw power, it seems, and shows. The tables have turned.

The XBoneX has more raw power than the PS4Pro, so you're suggesting the PS5 is the most powerful then?

That's quite the change in narrative on your part, ever since you signed on to this forum less than a year ago just to troll and astroturf comment on this thread.

:)

The XBoneX has more raw power than the PS4Pro, so you're suggesting the PS5 is the most powerful then?

That's quite the change in narrative on your part, ever since you signed on to this forum less than a year ago just to troll and astroturf comment on this thread.
No he barely counted the first half of the article. XSX is going to have about twice more games than power ! But I just wanted to show that power is still going to be one of their main strategy for XSX (after XBX). They did buy plenty of new studios, I have no doubt that they are going to make plenty of games !

I stopped at less than halfway through the text. There's way more 'gaming' then 'power'. I think there's a lot more 'play' than 'power' too, or maybe similar.

No he barely counted the first half of the article. XSX is going to have about twice more games than power ! But I just wanted to show that power is still going to be one of their main strategy for XSX (after XBX). They did buy plenty of new studios, I have no doubt that they are going to make plenty of games !
So what we have is MS messaging that their console is for gaming, and paying, and has power to do these things. Oh, and factoring in the number of bullet-points they call out, it has features too. Thus the main strategy of MS seems to be to really hone in on and focus Gaming, Playing, Power, Features.

Could it just possibly be that there's no particular emphasis here, and the message is that this product is a games machine that gamers might like for all the usual reasons?

I stopped at less than halfway through the text. There's way more 'gaming' then 'power'. I think there's a lot more 'play' than 'power' too, or maybe similar.

So what we have is MS messaging that their console is for gaming, and paying, and has power to do these things. Oh, and factoring in the number of bullet-points they call out, it has features too. Thus the main strategy of MS seems to be to really hone in on and focus Gaming, Playing, Power, Features.

Could it just possibly be that there's no particular emphasis here, and the message is that this product is a games machine that gamers might like for all the usual reasons?

So you're saying it won't run Lotus 1-2-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back