Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google translate says they are aiming higher according to the IGN editor. But that may not have been the translation. So just a heads up in-case it switches at a later time.

It didn't seem like the IGN editor had sources saying that ti's more powerful though.

Google translate says they are aiming higher according to the IGN editor. But that may not have been the translation. So just a heads up in-case it switches at a later time.

It didn't seem like the IGN editor had sources saying that ti's more powerful though.
We can't really discuss it until we have a solid translation. We need to now what exactly the IGN editor said, and what sources, if any they had, because if personal speculation without any references to contacts, it's no useful insight.

We can't really discuss it until we have a solid translation. We need to now what exactly the IGN editor said, and what sources, if any they had, because if personal speculation without any references to contacts, it's no useful insight.

True that, it has no more value then another journalist or editor claiming to know something.

One would assume he's got good insider sources though, notably devs telling him XBSX is faster. And 'IGN Editor' is someone people know is presently active with active, current contacts.

On the flip side, I'm surprised IGN Japan even knows what an 'XBox' is. :p
I followed a lot of editors from IGN and other respectable publications, and so far they operate the same way, their speculaltion follows rumors and echo chamber. There isn't more information being sourced, the only difference is that they admit it's speculation, or they clearly preamble "according to our sources". When they have real exclusive info it's massive fanfare article making it clear they know something real.

And this is the kind of phrasing and context that gets lost in translation. I.e. they believe what based on what?

We had a lot of those from IGN Italy over the years, with a weird google translate. Japanese tends to be much worse with half the words being translated as an emotion instead of a verb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back