Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to rush a complete integration of something 4 or 5 years in advance, NVIDIA's RT efforts must have started in 2015 or 2014, (when they were planning for Volta/Turing), they were also heading toward RT since their days of accelerating RT rendering through CUDA on Fermi (2010), then Real Time RT demos on Kepler (2013), then doing some partial RT effects like HFTS, VXAO on Maxwell and Pascal.

And? They would have estimated required performance and transistor needs well before committing to a node. The fact remains that the biggest issue with RTX is its huge dies and limited increase in rasterization performance. Things that 7nm could have accommodated by offering small dies that ran at higher clocks or offered more shaders.

RT based R&D has probably been going on well before 2014-2015 for both AMD and Nvidia. Nvidia is just better at publicizing it. Probably because they have been more profitable than AMD over a number of years and can more easily fund research projects with academia. But there is nothing that says that AMD hasn’t been in the lab working hard on their RT solution.

You would fit right in on my office with this type of conversation xD Right at this moment my work colleagues are debating how much is it natural for someone to poo...

Haha, well, I'm dole scum at the moment, so if you guys are hiring a Yorkshireman to spout weird nonsense, DM me.

I mean if it’s that easy, I have a lot of gadgets at home.

Gadgets like these?

bootshapers_800x.jpg

This thread needs moar pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/bEPknH3N

"
PS5 Latest Proposed Core Specification - 06/01/2020 (base model, not PS5 Pro)

APU:
Zen2 semi-custom 7nm CPU with 8 cores/16 threads @ 3.50GHz.
RDNA2 semi-custom 7nm GPU with 40 CU's @ 2.0GHz (up to 10.25 Tflops peak).
Double rate fp16, variable rate shading, integrated geometry culling via GPU.
Hardware ray tracing accelerator (contained within APU die) for shadows, reflections, global illumination & particles.

Memory:
16GB GDDR6 (video) and additional 4GB DDR4 (system) linked to a RISC storage processor.
At least 512 GB/s bandwidth via 256-bit memory interface (GDDR6 video memory modules).

Storage:
1TB semi-custom NVMe SSD with 1TB 7,200 RPM HDD. Both drives are managed 'together' by the RISC storage processor.

Availability:
Launching on November 20th, 2020 @ $399 (USD) with one controller and one first party game. Various game bundles tbc

* Pre-orders hand delivered by a scantily clad, fire breathing whore.

With a game included?

Why would they do that? Don't they typically want to goose up the average transaction value at launch by making you buy games and accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back