Legality of Emus on Consoles *feather split*

Harsh, but also fun and reasonable Nintendo Life review of the Win64e10, the N64 emulator for Xbox One.

New video of the aforementioned PSP emulator for Xbox One, called WinPSPe, working. You need to be in Dev Mode. It is working on actual hardware,not through a browser.

Last edited:
Curious how Microsoft will handle this stuff. I mean Scorpio could probably have the power to run Dolphin and Cemu... the gamecube, wii and wii u emulators...

Curious how Microsoft will handle this stuff. I mean Scorpio could probably have the power to run Dolphin and Cemu... the gamecube, wii and wii u emulators...
how many people know how to enable dev mode is the question here perhaps, if that's the main barrier I think those who know how might get away with it.

true.

Apprently some person on dolphin forum says they got Super Mario Galaxy running at 45-60fps with Dolphin on an Xbox One:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-dolphin-in-xbox-one-uwp-win10?page=4
woaaaaah, just....wow..... I am speechless. I wonder how they managed to do that. They say they ported the code to Visual Studio -I think Dolphin is programmed in C++?- and made it run. I know how to make universal apps with Visual Studio now,but getting it working without approval is what keeps me wondering about how to achieve that.

woaaaaah, just....wow..... I am speechless. I wonder how they managed to do that. They say they ported the code to Visual Studio -I think Dolphin is programmed in C++?- and made it run. I know how to make universal apps with Visual Studio now,but getting it working without approval is what keeps me wondering about how to achieve that.

Is there really that much too it though? I mean if dolphin already runs on windows how much is it to make a UWP app and get it working Xbox? Probably less than you think.

Is there really that much too it though? I mean if dolphin already runs on windows how much is it to make a UWP app and get it working Xbox? Probably less than you think.
the issue is that UWP can work locally, but afaik, if you want to get them working on other devices it needs to pass up certification, so maybe in dev mode you can have it running, offline, although not on the store.

the issue is that UWP can work locally, but afaik, if you want to get them working on other devices it needs to pass up certification, so maybe in dev mode you can have it running, offline, although not on the store.

It could be a nuisance having to switch between dev mode and retail mode I guess...but if it means you can play Nintendo games on an Xbox...probably worth it.

Have you used dev mode much? If you have an app working in dev mode is there anyway to be able to preview/use that in retail mode?

It could be a nuisance having to switch between dev mode and retail mode I guess...but if it means you can play Nintendo games on an Xbox...probably worth it.

Have you used dev mode much? If you have an app working in dev mode is there anyway to be able to preview/use that in retail mode?
Dev mode eluded me these almost 4 years ever since the console was released,but I've tried it once in the early days, without knowing what to do, in order to try some tricks I had read somewhere. I think you can use it offline or on your own console, otherwise you must submit it.

The extremely well-known Dolphin, a Wi and GC emulator is being converted into a UWP. It also works on Xbox One, though publishing it is an entirely different matter.

2czbyh2.jpg

With the creators program and no concept approval for uwp games on xbone I think there will be nothing preventing emulators on xbone bar ms prohibiting them from the store altogether.

before they restricted by saying that game like experiences had to go through id@xbox, now that's no longer the case.

Back