NPD March 2016 Sales Results

PS3 surpassed Xbox 360 in lifetime systems sold and Xbox One stands at 20 million units sold World Wide.

Those are just the same eedar figures already discussed in the all-purpose sales thread, regurgitated by some youtube types into an easy to digest, data-lite video.

As already pointed out, they are estimates, and for at least one of the platforms - 3DS - they are wildly inaccurate as they are claiming ~49 million sales for 3DS through Dec 2015, while a few weeks back Nintendo officially revealed sales of 58 million for the same period.

Take their sales estimates with great big handful of salt.

Those are just the same eedar figures already discussed in the all-purpose sales thread, regurgitated by some youtube types into an easy to digest, data-lite video.

As already pointed out, they are estimates, and for at least one of the platforms - 3DS - they are wildly inaccurate as they are claiming ~49 million sales for 3DS through Dec 2015, while a few weeks back Nintendo officially revealed sales of 58 million for the same period.

Take their sales estimates with great big handful of salt.

Their estimate for 3DS is off because they forgot to include NEW 3DSXL and NEW 3DS in the numbers for some reason.

Okay, that's quite funny actually. :LOL:

I think they might have overshot on the XB1 figures. Any hints?

They're all just estimates at the end of the day based on the data they have. EEDAR to have access to data from NPD for example so the numbers above can be taken with some degree of accuracy. Especially numbers for the PlayStation 4 which were announced publicly by Sony and match with the numbers EEDAR have given.

However there is no way to know if their Xbox One estimate it right unless Microsoft confirm it themselves. Until then it's just an estimate. For what it's worth it seems to agree with what EA said and what some others have said as well. I wouldn't use it as an official number but just as a rough guide to where Xbox One is.

They're all just estimates at the end of the day based on the data they have. EEDAR to have access to data from NPD for example so the numbers above can be taken with some degree of accuracy. Especially numbers for the PlayStation 4 which were announced publicly by Sony and match with the numbers EEDAR have given.

However there is no way to know if their Xbox One estimate it right unless Microsoft confirm it themselves. Until then it's just an estimate. For what it's worth it seems to agree with what EA said and what some others have said as well. I wouldn't use it as an official number but just as a rough guide to where Xbox One is.

Seems a reasonable enough attitude!

I miss the days of hard numbers. Just because knowing - even when you can't do anything with the information - is nice. Like watching CPU frequency change.

As stated a million times, doubling USA sales (and tripling them for Playstation) is a pretty accurate gauge of shipped figures historically. So, I would have the Xbox One nearing 24 million shipped (near 12 million USA sold), but it could be a bit lower. So yeah, 20 million sold through is a decent dart at the dartboard. The fact they likely incorrectly have PS3 ahead of 360 though is troubling as to their accuracy, regardless if they dont provide sources I dont take them as truth.

As stated a million times, doubling USA sales (and tripling them for Playstation) is a pretty accurate gauge of shipped figures historically. So, I would have the Xbox One nearing 24 million shipped (near 12 million USA sold), but it could be a bit lower. So yeah, 20 million sold through is a decent dart at the dartboard. The fact they likely incorrectly have PS3 ahead of 360 though is troubling as to their accuracy, regardless if they dont provide sources I dont take them as truth.

The PS3 pretty clearly outsold the 360. You should probably just give it up.

As stated a million times, doubling USA sales (and tripling them for Playstation) is a pretty accurate gauge of shipped figures historically. ... ... The fact they likely incorrectly have PS3 ahead of 360 though is troubling as to their accuracy, regardless if they dont provide sources I dont take them as truth.

I agree that we should be skeptical of people posting skeptical figures :yes:

As stated a million times
Yes but each of those million times was by you alone :D
With the 360 53-54% of the sales were in the USA, now with the xbox one this figure has risen obviously (lots of countries it didnt start releasing till months after the USA because of kinect, in affect this stopped them gaining a foothold to start with which still affects them to this day) I posit a figure for the xbox one of ~2/3 USA which is certainly more closer to reality than 50% and does match up to whatever data we have seen

IGN said it's 18 million XboxOne sold...20 was rounded off figure.

Back