News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it would appear Sony realise the Vita isn't in any way a mobile replacement and as an ancillary device, they should focus on Vita's reason d'etre. It's a handheld gaming device and nothing else, so no point upkeeping non-gaming functions, at least if there's a cost involved. Functions like PlayStation Stuff media I would expect to be supported as a revenue stream value-add.

Well the Vita has stereo front-facing speakers, which makes it 10x better for watching youtube videos than most tablets and smartphones.
At the very least, it saves you from having to use the dreadful "hand-cup" technique.

Please be a trial movie-on-demand streaming service for films still in the cinema, please be a trial movie-on-demand streaming service for films still in the cinema, please be a trial movie-on-demand streaming service for films still in the cinema, please be a trial movie-on-demand streaming service for films still in the cinema..

How much ? Sony usually fall down in pricing. They don't want to lose money to chase user base like Spotify.

Last edited:
How much ? Sony usually falls down in pricing. They don't want to lose money to chase user base like Spotify.
We'd pay IMAX seat prices to view many films out at the cinema in the privacy, comfort and convenience of our own home. We'd likely still go to the cinema for some films - Avengers, Star Wars, Jurassic World - films where a big screen enhances the experience so much, but that isn't many films.

This is starting to happen, look at Curzon Home Cinema but Curzon do not carry a high enough volume of films that we watch.

VITA basically has become "Freebie" console for me... So many free games from PS+, so little full-price game thats good...

btw i think Sony really missed the opportunity for making Vita as the ultimate RemotePlay experience
1. Its less comfortable than Android phone/tablet + Dualshock4
then..
2. Most game does not have special control layout for Vita (Destiny is one game where the special layout is awesome).
3. No button/key remapping
4. It need the PS4 to be properly configured using TV and dualshock4 before can be used to be played standalone with VITA
5. The remoteplay app does not support voice chat although vita already have a mic

too bad most the feebie games on vita is minigame, like a phone games. while the "big game" is cumbersome to enjoy in portable in various condition without good concentration. Its too serious, too much focus needed to play. There's some exception like Swapper and P4G, its immersive while calm enough to be played anywhere anytime.

I also wonder, is porting 3DS games to vita is expensive/hard?
Its weird to see more and more 3DS games ported into iOS and Android but not Vita.

I also wonder, is porting 3DS games to vita is expensive/hard?
Its weird to see more and more 3DS games ported into iOS and Android but not Vita.

I would think that this has more to do with business deals that the developers have with Nintendo, but I do not really have any proof.

4K still images support.

PlayMemories Online app for PlayStation®4 has been upgraded to Version 1.5 and implemented more advanced functionalities.

[Highlights in Version 1.5]
- Faster browsing of large numbers of photos and videos stored in PlayMemories Online.
- Support for 4K resolution for still images. Highly precise and comfortable representation even when listing a large number of photos.
- Support for video playback.

So, I'm guessing the PM app allows the user to select the TV resolution output... it would be kind of weird and unwanted if the app is switching back-and-forth (resolution output) between 4K still material and lower resolution captures.

Anyhow, hopefully this is a step towards 4K film/video playback. Sometimes I just don't want to run my PC to watch 4K material.

The EU PlayStation blog has a list of every game confirmed as coming to PlayStation in 2015.

It's good to see No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4 (there have been rumours), Ratchet & Clank, Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance, Star Wars Battlefront, Tearaway Unfolded and Yukuza 5 make that list. It's good to see the Vita get some :love: with, inter alia, Bastion, Broken Age, Day of the The Tentacle, GALAK-Z, Metal Slug 3, The Banner Saga and Resident Evil: Revelations 2. :yes:

Crazy how I'm most excited about R&C. I can only imagine the complete mess of thousands of particles and little bolts and objects flying around when things get busy.
Me too. I absolutely adore the franchise but I felt it got bogged down with too much character development baggage over the years and Insomniac began to take the characters far too seriously.

A reboot using the best upgradable weapons from the get go will be awesome. I bought the [PS2] HD trilogy on PS3 and had forgotten the first game didn't have upgradable weapons. But you have to give it to Insomniac's art and technology teams, the native PS3 games still look fantastic. That in 1080p with more everything = droooooooool :yes:

Crazy how I'm most excited about R&C. I can only imagine the complete mess of thousands of particles and little bolts and objects flying around when things get busy.

Pyrociter, morph-o-ray, tesla claw, suck cannon, RYNO... I don't usually get excited about games anymore but I'm looking forward to this. It'll be what I think of when remembering the first game.

Will the new R&C be made by Insomniac? I too think the franchise is fantastic, especially Tools of Destruction. 60fps would be a must though. Was there ever a R&C by Insomniac that wasn't 60? I though the follow up to ToD was 60fps too, the one they sold off PSN?

Game is not canceled, Sony confirmed many times over last 2 years that they are still activley working on it.

However, they may change the name or they are waiting for some specific timing to reinstate the trademark.

Seems more like a goof up than necessarily indicative of not caring about the name as I can't see them being cool with a third party releasing a "Last Guardian" game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back