The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Great to hear 1080p on PS4 and potential to be 1080p for X1.

What's interesting is they think both systems will be 1080p in the long run. If any dev can do it, they can.

Not with the same asset/simulation quality [except if they decide to gimp the PS4 version and bring that version down to Xbone level].

maybe they will get different frame-rate. Locked 60 on PS4, 45-60 on X1.

i think some game was like that on PS3 and X360. Same resolution, frame-rate and vsync differences

I would never call PS4 version of WD a lastgen game. It is a very pretty and large game, with visuals and city simulation that is very advanced.

Ubi created that game to work on 6 platforms, 5 of them being present on launch. Of course they were not able to focus on nextgen only assets and visuals. But they did a great job.

GTA 5 PS4 will be superior to Watchdogs... Very happy for 1080p for The Witcher 3 on PS4.. I am curious to see if they will utilize 2xMSAA and post process AA because it is a Forward + renderer.

GTA5 let alone Witcher 3 on ps4 put watch dogs to shame. both full 1080p 30fps with tons of eyecandy and scale. Ubisoft...no excuses next time.

Ubisoft don't care. It's one of their fastest selling titles ever. Consumers pre-ordered and purchased it based on older videos and bullshots and they made a ton of money from the scam. The average consumer doesn't protest with their wallet, and forum warriors don't mean shit.

It's OK if they fail the 60fps, I would be actually glad if they did because it only means they have prioritized the visuals and others things over the unnecessary 60fps, that is if the 1080p remains true.

Not with the same asset/simulation quality [except if they decide to gimp the PS4 version and bring that version down to Xbone level].

Yea see its weird that you say that seeing as we havent really seen one game as of yet released on both consoles that had any difference in poly count or texture resolution.
Its like if a game hits parity on both systems it is automatically because they gimped the Ps4 version. The Xbox One will most likely be 900p if they do get it to 1080p it will be from optimizing the hell out of it. If they do share equal frame buffers than you might see things like Depth of field or SSAO cut down slightly on the X1. You have to remember that most devs have stated that the bottleneck on both systems is the Cpu. If the cpu is bottlenecked or lacking in performance you will never get peak performance from your gpu. How about we just wait and see what the game looks like on both systems before we start calling out they gimped the Ps4 version.

Yea see its weird that you say that seeing as we havent really seen one game as of yet released on both consoles that had any difference in poly count or texture resolution.
Its like if a game hits parity on both systems it is automatically because they gimped the Ps4 version. The Xbox One will most likely be 900p if they do get it to 1080p it will be from optimizing the hell out of it. If they do share equal frame buffers than you might see things like Depth of field or SSAO cut down slightly on the X1. You have to remember that most devs have stated that the bottleneck on both systems is the Cpu. If the cpu is bottlenecked or lacking in performance you will never get peak performance from your gpu. How about we just wait and see what the game looks like on both systems before we start calling out they gimped the Ps4 version.

I agree. Its a very pervasive mindset that there can be no parity.

Was comparing some vids, for open world RPG's Witcher 3 seems like a true generation gap graphically versus
Oblivion 360. And hey, similar points in the consoles cycle too.

Generation gap might be expected but with diminishing returns it's not always so granted anymore.

Ubisoft don't care. It's one of their fastest selling titles ever. Consumers pre-ordered and purchased it based on older videos and bullshots and they made a ton of money from the scam. The average consumer doesn't protest with their wallet, and forum warriors don't mean shit.

People purchased it cause it's actually a pretty amazing game, not due to earlier videos. I continue to be amused by how wrong the loudest voices on the internet were about that game. People had worked themselves into such a negative frenzy beforehand based on so very little that it seems to genuinely be a surprise for many that the game has turned out to be a massive and well deserved success. And if that wasn't enough, the game actually looks quite good visually and is a lot more impressive technically than it was being given credit for.

They created an ambitious open world title that feels like nothing else out there, and has a number of very creative and well executed ideas. Game earned every sale that it got.

I just started downloading the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition yesterday on steam. I noticed it was available for Linux now so I thought I'd give it a go. In preparation for number 3.

I just started downloading the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition yesterday on steam. I noticed it was available for Linux now so I thought I'd give it a go. In preparation for number 3.

Yes, W2 is available for Windows, Mac and Steam OS / Linux (forgot XBOX360 too!).
Quite a list for such fabulous RPG game :D

Seems like one of the devs at CD Projekt Red was hacked and the contents leaked.... I'm particularly interested in the size of this game.

IGN said:
The map of the island of Ard Skellig is said to be 64 kilometres squared, and is just one of the areas you'll be exploring in the game. While we've yet to get confirmation whether or not the landmass has been modified since this map was created, if it's remained similar in terms of mass then the finished product could be massive. With Novigrad and No Man's Land also confirmed as areas you'll traverse, it's probably a good idea to pack your hiking boots.

Does anyone know how big the map is in GTA 5?

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyrim is little over 35km^2.

Mapsize of W3 is maybe over 60km^2, but I dont think everything will be accessible by user and some areas are irrelevant [sea].

Game looks absolutely stunning. Although I am still not in love with the animation system they have for Geralkt. Sometimes he gets awkwardly stuck while walking. But, it's good enough.

Back