Live beta access

I got in. Thanks Robert! Looks like it actually takes a day or so to get the actual dashboard update after you've registered through the app you download to your console. A lot nicer registration. You used to have to type in your serial # & console ID.

Tommy McClain

Didn't take a day or so. About 1.5hrs later I'm downloading the update. How's that for service sports fans?! :) BTW, I've been a stickler for abiding to NDAs in the past. That won't change this time around. When I'm allowed to post my comments publicly I will. Or you can read my feedback on the official beta forums. Sorry.

Tommy McClain

So anyone using Xbox Music? I've been trying it out but knocking my head against the wall trying to have it do some brutally basic stuff, maybe I could pm one of you guys for a clue here...or just flee back to Spotify which seems like the only music service in existence that seems to work the way I want a music service to work.

So anyone using Xbox Music? I've been trying it out but knocking my head against the wall trying to have it do some brutally basic stuff, maybe I could pm one of you guys for a clue here...or just flee back to Spotify which seems like the only music service in existence that seems to work the way I want a music service to work.

Definitely not knocking Spotify, as I'm still subscribed to it and it seems far superior for local European music (I can even get old fairy tales), but Sony's Music Unlimited works great as well, and I'm inclined to keep that one, as I can make playlists local which I can then use in game on Vita as well.

I also really like that you can log into and use Music Unlimited straight from your browser, rather than having to install a client for Spotify (at least last time I checked). Also, last time I compared the two, Music Unlimited had better sound quality, though the difference is smaller or bigger depending on which platform, and the sound quality seemed paritcularly bad on PC for some reason - the iPhone version of Spotify was fine.

Anyway, I think Spotify is great, but I've had a very good experience with Music Unlimited so far. Actually was a bit surprised, as I half expected Sony to mess it up.

Anyway, I think Spotify is great, but I've had a very good experience with Music Unlimited so far.

Music Unlimited doesn't have a Windows Phone version so that makes it a non starter for me as there is no chance I'll downgrade my phone by going back to iPhone. I think the issue I'm seeing is just with their Xbox implementation which looks to be more restricted than their pc implementation which is the full deal. Win 8 has rtm'd so it's only a matter of time before I can try the real deal and see if it does what I need. Spotify is still missing many tracks especially dance mixes where I've found Microsofts service to already be better, so that 30 million track count is intruiging to say the least.

The whole portable device compatibility issue is huge. Android phone owners can use Music Unlimited. iPhone users can use iTunes. Windows uses have the option of Xbox Music. The indepedent parties like Spotify are in the best position. the fight isn't for the living room, but the portable service, it seems.

On topic, isn't this the version with IE in it? Is that a complete IE9 HTML 5 browser?

What are you trying to do that doesn't work?

I was going to sign up but in the agreement contract it says beta testers risk having their Xbox bricked...so I opted out...:rolleyes:

Back