Durango Devkit for $10k...

Considering he's in Raleigh, NC he probably meant to put Wilmington, NC which makes a lot more sense.

Paying for the right to bid? I don't think so.

I'd assume he meant non-refundable for the "winning" bid. In which case that person that won would end up having to give E-bay 2.1k for non-payment.

I personally think that would be a great idea. Feel free to try boosting the bid value of an item, just beware if you actually win it. :D

Regards,
SB

I can think of only one company in this area that is likely to get an early devkit ...

from his post history and tweets dae lives in Australia.

he can write anything he wants under "location" on twitter or ebay. probably just to confuse people.

I'd assume he meant non-refundable for the "winning" bid. In which case that person that won would end up having to give E-bay 2.1k for non-payment.

I personally think that would be a great idea. Feel free to try boosting the bid value of an item, just beware if you actually win it. :D

Regards,
SB

Except they cant force anybody to pay.

their only recourse would be to ban that person from ebay, which is not that big a deal, especially if you were a troll account anyway.

Regards,
SB

It's only a good idea if every seller is honest and product quality and delivery is guaranteed by ebay. Which is never going to happen because it would send their costs through the roof.

Regards,
SB

Actually it's not what I meant initially, but after thinking about it I'll agree your idea is much better. In this instance a non-payment bid of $20,100 would cost the bidder $201 for reneging on the payment. Sounds completely fair to me. People would be a little more cautious bidding on an auction they never planned on paying for. Would also help against seller inflating the price of their own auctions too.

BTW, it's over $30,000 now. Definitely has to have some fake bids to be that high.

Tommy McClain

haha he'll never sell it.

which since it's probably all a troll, probably is his wish.

BTW I noticed his twitter defense against claims Microsoft would sue him was along the lines of "they have no evidence it was stolen, i dare them to come at me bro".

I just recall recently reading about the Apple Gizmodo iPhone case, they hinged it on the buyer "knew or should have known" iPhone prototype was stolen, so of course they kicked in his door and took all his stuff. So one would think, that defense wouldn't work. They could just show dae "should have known" it was stolen or the like.

Of course I'm absolutely sure the law handles Microsoft and Apple very differently (aka, how Apple patented rectangles) so I wouldn't call that foolproof, but anyway.

now he supposedly lunched with microsoft and the auction is gone.

assuming it's not all a joke, maybe ms payed him like 30k or some well above market value for it. lucky douche (again, though i tend to believe it's all fake)

bkilian spill the beans :p

now he supposedly lunched with microsoft and the auction is gone.

assuming it's not all a joke, maybe ms payed him like 30k or some well above market value for it. lucky douche (again, though i tend to believe it's all fake)

bkilian spill the beans :p

I don't understand why MS would bother dealing with the guy when they could get it back through legals means.

Back