Component video ghosting on Black Magic Intensity Pro with PS3

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
I've just recorded my LBP level on a friend's brand new Black Magic Intensity Pro, but it's suffering from severe ghosting. You have to use component with PS3 on this card due to HDCP. Anyone know what's up with this and how to fix it? I've only ever used HDMI with PS3 (oh, and composite in the bad days of SDTV!).

Yeah sounds like a bad component cable. I had one I planned on using when I initially got my PS3 from the PS2 till I got an HDMI but it ghosted something awful. I later got a replacement that works just fine from monoprice.

Okay, I'll give the cable a go. I never realised component could be so dodgy; never had this level of interference from composite. I guess this explains the development of the stupidly-expensive cable market that confuses buyers of digital cables.

Yeah, stronger but not as great a distance. We used some Logitech/Giotek or somesuch cheapies he bought and never used. He said he had some official Sony ones. I'm surprised any cables produce this fault. Surely then they aren't actually fit for their purpose and shouldn't be sold?!

Yeah, stronger but not as great a distance. We used some Logitech/Giotek or somesuch cheapies he bought and never used. He said he had some official Sony ones. I'm surprised any cables produce this fault. Surely then they aren't actually fit for their purpose and shouldn't be sold?!
I had a Mad Katz component switcher that was a noise magnet and made all SD content ghost horribly. Connecting straight to the TV netted cleaner results, provided I didn't route near a particularly EM noisy device.

I did all my PS3 captures on my Intensity Pro with what seemed to be heavy duty component cables, and was satisfied with the results, but when I tried connecting to my projector with those cables, everything is so blurry, it looks like sub-HD. So, as always, your mileage may vary.

Back