Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer
Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)
Dave Branch vs. Gerald Harris
Seth Petruzelli vs. Ricardo Romero
Julio Paulino vs. Daniel Roberts
Jon Madsen vs. Karlos Vemola

---------------------------------------

Don't know how this will end but watching Brock train with Couture and knowing Brock's work ethics, I think Brock will take this.

July 3 is definitely going to be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
So long as Lesnar's health is fully restored, yeah, I lean toward him winning too. But Carwin is strong enough that if there's a lucky solid punch he could rattle Lesnar's cage enough to finish him.

Oh for sure, it only takes one punch to knock out someone and the guys aren't immune to it.

However Brock's quickness is why I think he'll take it.

That youtube vid showing Brock training with Couture shows him training hard not just in wrestling but with Thai Boxing and Jiu Jitsu - impressive.

Hope Carwin has been training just as hard.

If you watched the TUF Finale, you will see an interview with Brock and Carwin. Brock just looks so much bigger.

UFC 116 weigh-in photos

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was on scene for today's official "UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin" fighter weigh-ins and captured images of all 22 competitors.

Today's ceremony was held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The same venue hosts Saturday's pay-per-view and Spike TV-broadcast event.

A crowd of a few thousand fans rose to their feet and cheered on interim heavyweight champion Shane Carwin while heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was showered with boos as he hit the scale.

Both massive powerhouse fighters weighed in right at the 265-pound limit for their bout, and while their staredown was intense, there were no pre-fight theatrics or scuffles.

Most of the fighters on the 11-bout card were greeted warmly, and the biggest laugh of the day came when event emcee Joe Rogan introduced the returning Seth Petruzelli as "the man who single-handedly brought down EliteXC." It was, of course, Petruzelli's shocking knockout of former EliteXC star Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson that preceded the organization's demise a month later.

Lightweight contender Kurt Pellegrino was also responsible for one of the evening's stranger moments when – after opponent George Sotiropoulos moved in face to face for a staredown – "Batman" turned to his right and briefly squared off with UFC president Dana White. Pellegrino and White enjoyed a quick laugh, but Sotiropoulos remained unfazed – and appeared a bit annoyed – throughout.

For a complete list of the results, check out the UFC 116 weigh-ins post.

As a reminder, MMAjunkie.com will be on scene and reporting live from Saturday's UFC 116 event with full play-by-play and live results of both the preliminary and main cards. Stay tuned before, during and after the show for complete event coverage.

And for complete coverage of UFC 116, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

News Source: http://mmajunkie.com/news/19797/ufc-116-weigh-in-photos-an-mmajunkie-com-image-gallery.mma

UFC 116 weigh-in results: Lesnar and Carwin each weigh 265 pounds

LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was on scene and reporting live from today's official UFC 116 fighter weigh-ins, where all 22 event competitors successful made weight for Saturday's show.

Today's festivities took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and online and via Spike TV.

Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and interim title-holder Shane Carwin both weighed 265 pounds for their headlining title-unification bout.

Additionally, co-headliners Yoshihiro Akiyama (185) and Chris Leben (186) also made weight.

The proceedings were largely a pedestrian affair. Again pulling in thousands of fans, the weigh-ins went largely as expected with no real surprises. Even Seth Petruzelli, who was introduced by UFC emcee Joe Rogan "as the man who single handedly brought down EliteXC," had a rather tame weigh-in. That's because his "little person" wasn't allowed to join him on the stage.

However, Petruzelli promises a can't-miss cage entrance tomorrow in his Spike TV-televised preliminary-card fight.

The full weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD

* Brock Lesnar (265) vs. Shane Carwin (265)
* Yoshihiro Akiyama (185) vs. Chris Leben (186)
* Stephan Bonnar (205) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (205)
* Kurt Pellegrino (155) vs. George Sotiropoulos (156)
* Matt Brown (171) vs. Chris Lytle (170)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

* Brendan Schaub (238) vs. Chris Tuchscherer (255)
* Seth Petruzelli (205) vs. Ricardo Romero (206)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)

* Kendall Grove (184) vs. Goran Reljic (186)
* Dave Branch (185) vs. Gerald Harris (185)
* Forrest Petz (170) vs. Daniel Roberts (169)
* Jon Madsen (254) vs. Karlos Vemola (222)

News Source: http://mmajunkie.com/news/19770/ufc-116-live-weigh-in-results.mma

Can't wait. Another 12 hours or so and the fight is on.

Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin
shane-carwin.JPG

brock-lesnar.JPG

brock-lesnar-shane-carwin.JPG

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs Chris Leben
yoshihiro-akiyama-chris-leben.JPG

Krzysztof Soszynski vs Stephan Bonnar
krzysztof-soszynski-stephan-bonnar.JPG

George Sotiropoulos vs Kurt Pellegrino
george-sotiropoulos-kurt-pellegrino.JPG

Chris Lytle vs Matt Brown
chris-lytle-matt-brown.JPG

Brendan Schaub vs Chris Tuchscherer
brendan-schaub-chris-tuchscherer.JPG

Seth Petruzelli vs Ricardo Romero
seth-petruzelli-ricardo-romero.JPG

Kendall Grove vs Goran Reljic
kendall-grove-goran-reljic.JPG

Gerald Harris vs Dave Branch
gerald-harris-dave-branch.JPG

Daniel Roberts vs Forrest Petz
daniel-roberts-forrest-petz.JPG

Really looking forward to tonight. Been having a good week for an old married guy: bought my first new car since 1994 Wed night, went to the movies with a good friend Thurs night, got off work 2 hours early to meet some friends at a local pub to celebrate a good friend's 49th b-day last night, and tonight is this fight. Hopefully my kids remember who I am by tomorrow's cookout.

Can't believe Carwin didn't end that fight. He gassed himself badly, but I suspect he was also expecting the ref to end it at some point.

Lesnar really looked like he didn't like getting hit though. Carwin supposedly hits damn hard, and Lesnar did survive that 1st-round storm while Carwin gassed himself out, but man did Brock reel, duck, and cover after that one upper cut. I really thought that fight was over when he went down against the cage and Carwin was raining punches down on him. Those Lesnar forearms are better defense than Capt America's shield.

hahaha yep. I also thought the ref was gonna jump in at a stage then after about a minute of Brock trying to avoid Carwin's punches, there was just a brief respite and I thought Brock as survived. I didn't expect Carwin to gas out though but when he came out, he didn't look as sharp as he should've and I thought that Brock might have a chance. I didn't however expect Brock to arm lock Carwin out like that. Looks like Brock has been working big time on his Jui Jitsu.

Brock has some major upgrades on his face to catch all those punches. I can't belive on how tough he can receive those brutal punches.

I can't believe that guy gassed himself fighting a single round. Aren't the championship fights five rounds?

Well he's never had a fight go 1 round before. It will be interesting to see how he approaches a rematch if it comes up.

Well he's never had a fight go 1 round before. It will be interesting to see how he approaches a rematch if it comes up.

That's a serious failing on the guys trainers if he wasn't prepared to go the distance in a title fight.

I do recognize it's a taxing sport, and fighting five rounds is intense and no matter what the fighters are tired after five full rounds. But this guy looked finished after one round, and he's the guy that was winning.

Back