Halo: Reach

Someone at E3 should ask Bungie about their imposter tech.. They've completely stopped talking about it.

And I would kill for that space combat to be a MP mode, Crimson Skies-esque 4 way splitscreen dogfighting anyone?

How likely do you think that is?

Someone at E3 should ask Bungie about their imposter tech.. They've completely stopped talking about it.

And I would kill for that space combat to be a MP mode, Crimson Skies-esque 4 way splitscreen dogfighting anyone?

How likely do you think that is?
I can image an Invasion "map" where the two sides start off in a space battle, and then it progresses to boarding a ship or landing planetside, followed by ground combat action. Or something like that. Lots of possibilities really.

We don't yet know how seamless the ground/space stuff is; the fact that they used an engine movie to cover the ascent does not decide it either way. It could be a fully interactive transition or require at least a little loading pause...

We don't yet know how seamless the ground/space stuff is; the fact that they used an engine movie to cover the ascent does not decide it either way. It could be a fully interactive transition or require at least a little loading pause...

Didn't bungie modeled really big sky boxes in halo 3 you can see a glitch banshee video on youtube.

Maybe we will see it soon over 40 min G4 has a live hands on halo reach and a hour later ign has a live hands on with something new in halo reach perhaps forge 2.0 or firefight 2.0 on the ign hands on.:LOL:

Edit: A little preview stolen from the gaf thread.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1098266p1.html

They confirm the concussion rifle! which was leaked from that beta code rip

That helps a lot, we can assume most of that list to be true now, list of all unseen things below:

RIPPED CODING REVEALS POSSIBLE NEW LEVELS, SKULLS, VEHICLES AND MORE IN FINAL REACH GAME

Vehicles

Revenant (?)
Banshee
Seraph (!?)
Mongoose
Falcon
Sabre (?)
Chopper (!!?)

Weapons

Concussion Rifle
Fuel Rod Gun
Missile Pod & Turret
Spiker (!?)
FlameThrower

Equipment

Ammo Pack
Power fist
Repulsor
Sensor Pack
Super Jump
Emp Pulse
Shield Generator
Hologram

Gametypes

Forge
Race
Bumper Cars
DogFight
Golf
Grifball
HogPile
Soccer

http://www.halowars.com/forums/thread/880667.aspx

Dogfight is a multiplayer mode! It's official Reach is going to be insane. :D

Showed and confirmed Firefight very briefly on G4. It will support matchmaking unlike ODST. I saw a new weapon that laser targets to call in an air strike. Skulls will be customizable. A new armor ability - large bubble shield that heals if you're inside it.

They need a large bubble that resupplies you with ammo, as that was a major gripe I had with ODST's Firefight. The combat was hard, often frustratingly so, due mainly to lack of ammo. I'll never forget the four of us taking on several hammer brutes and fuel rod brutes, when all we had were half charged plasma pistols.

Low quality, but here's the footage. Shows a little of the same campaign section, then Firefight. Custom Firefights - enemies you want to face in each wave, weapons you want, create your own skulls and at what point their triggered, and ability to create your own gametypes and share them. :)

IGN

First off, you'll get the full matchmaking experience here, unlike in ODST. You'll be able to customize your matches to your heart's content – weapons, maps, game durations and enemy behavior will all be tweakable.

There are multiple game types this time around, too. Default is the most general of the lot. It's a one-set match that's designed to be shorter and more casual. Pop in, pop out, go eat a steak. Classic mode is just what you played in ODST. You know, because it's already classic. Generator Defense is also a mode in Firefight now (you remember this gametype from the Reach beta that ran last month), and a newcomer called Rocket Fight sounds like it could become a new favorite. This mode is just you, your buddies, armor abilities, and an infinite supply of rockets. Yeah, that just happened.

Just like the overall Reach multiplayer, Firefight will come with game-specific rewards and challenges, available on a weekly and daily basis. Meeting challenges will net you special armor permutations. And the only way to get them is by playing Firefight.

From what we're being told, Firefight in Reach will be far more customizable than ever before. For example, you'll be able to create your own skulls that can totally change the pace and feel of your Firefight matches. You can make up to three, altering the traits of your Spartans, armor abilities and waves. Want to bump your health up to 200% and boost weapon damage? Feel free (wimp). This is basically Firefight any way you want it.

Bungie was also showing off two new maps, Waterfront and Beachhead, neither of which were in the Reach beta. This is all just the tip of the Firefight spear. We'll have full-fledged hands-on impressions of the mode later tonight, along with brand-new direct feed video of Bungie's latest title in action.

Dam sage has a impressive track record never thought to get crimson skies in my halo.

Yea, especially multiplayer, it'll be like a whole game within a game.

Also, Hunters are frigging huge:

Reach_E310_Firefight_Waterfront04.jpg.jpg

Brutes look a bit different as well:
Reach_E310_Firefight_Waterfront05.jpg.jpg

New map looks cool, I think Bungie has the best skyboxes on console
Reach_E310_Firefight_Beachhead03.jpg.jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/halo-reach-firefight-screenshots-screenshot-gallery

I really like the looks of the effects: for instance the plasma stuff is so cool looking!

Explosions are extremely cool to look at, and plasma explosions are even cooler!

I hope that they don't forget to improve on the SP campaign for those of us who are not so much interested in MP!!

HALO 3 was a bit short and had a lot of back tracking - just improve this while keeping the awsome action...

Some new renders are up and the weekly update (where yet another new weapon called the flak cannon is on the list of selectable starting weapons in Firefight)

Seriously Bungie have gone weapon crazy! How many new weapons have they added over Halo 3, they already have 3 splash damage Covenant weapons and it seems Spikers are back:
Reach_E310_BruteMinor.jpg

It's increasingly seems, that Bungie has forgotten about the dark and grim route they were supposed to take for Reach as their E3 campaign demo, pretty much looked like a prettied up Halo 3, nowhere near the likes of Killzone or Gears.

Their enemy designs don't help either, they don't look scary enough, especially the Brutes which look like their Halo 3 counterparts with minor armor tweaks..
I partly attribute it to the ridiculous looking two toed feed on both Elites and Brutes.

Like the Grecean looking special ops Elite models though (but still have silly feet):
Reach_E310_EliteSpecOps.jpg

Their weapon designers however, should get a pay rise:

Reach_E310_ConcussionRifle.jpg

Reach_E310_FuelRodGun.jpg

E3's over and still no news of their "Imposter Tech", srsly what's the point of naming a technology and then completely forgetting to talk about it.

I like the characters, and I think that planet Reach in the SP campaign looks significantly different and more brooding then either the Halos or Earth. Small but effective changes, can't really list them... It feels like the average temperature is significantly colder, the sun's less yellow and dimmer...

Back