AMD Bulldozer Core Patent Diagrams

AMD, nVidia and ARM should produce a compelling alternative if Sysmark isn't a representative benchmark in their eyes.

With respect to reasons for leaving, even if Sysmark totally ignores graphics performance AMD wouldn't be throwing a fit if Bulldozer could stand on its CPU performance. nVidia actually has a much better reason for leaving since they no longer make x86 chipsets and have no stake in that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides, why is VIA leaving?

I don't know, but why distract from the more important question. Why is AMD leaving? If Bulldozer was the bees knees they would have no reason to throw up such a stink. They could've protested the lack of GPU testing privately without creating this public spectacle.

I think we'll have the answer once Bulldozer launches. Sysmark isn't the only benchmark out there.

I don't know, but why distract from the more important question. Why is AMD leaving? If Bulldozer was the bees knees they would have no reason to throw up such a stink. They could've protested the lack of GPU testing privately without creating this public spectacle.

I think we'll have the answer once Bulldozer launches. Sysmark isn't the only benchmark out there.

Not sure we can infer much about BD from the Sysmark thing (and Theo being adamant about something makes me doubly doubt that thing!). Considering they're in a tantrum over GPU stuff, I'd think it has more to do with Llano - it's likely that OEMs that are arguably more important for Llano's success run lotsa Sysmark (maybe? is Sysmark relevant to anything? I have no idea!), and Llano is an absolute dog in terms of CPU throughput. So it's probable they're pissed off that it looks awful there, and can't save it on the wings of its GPU. Then again, I may be wrong.

Back