Glaze3D (Axe) Eingeering Sample

So, I tried to bid for this the other day via my iPhone, and was pretty sure it registered. Seems not, otherwise Dave would have several times the winning bid on the way to his Paypal account right now, had anyone kept up with what my max bid was (and presuming I won of course).

Bah, that's certainly pissed me off for the week/year.

You lost out on a magnificent key chain decoration! :(

Maybe this auction will be a catalyst for the beginning of the great ebay unreleased chip auction era.

As said in other thread, no production boards existed for AXE (Glaze3d or Avalanche 3D) so I expect this being chip only and would be it surprising to hear it being working B-rev chip, as most chips leaving the company were A-revs, missing insulation layer.

Missing layer causes the chip being 70% in shortcut. This again will cause the chip to melt it's balls / legs with in 30 seconds after start up.

When I got my b-Rev chip in 2004, I was told that less than 10 B-rev chips existed outside the company. It's officially tested to be 100% working, but as there's no PCBs, it's hard to confirm.

Nevertheless, market value for working Bitboys designed chip, which exist quantities is under 100 items, could be quite high, as non working BB stuff has got some huge sell prices in eBay. Yet, mine is not in sale, as the memories I have from the time which lead to getting to one is far more valuable than any money.

As said in other thread, no production boards existed for AXE (Glaze3d or Avalanche 3D) so I expect this being chip only and would be it surprising to hear it being working B-rev chip, as most chips leaving the company were A-revs, missing insulation layer.

Missing layer causes the chip being 70% in shortcut. This again will cause the chip to melt it's balls / legs with in 30 seconds after start up.

When I got my b-Rev chip in 2004, I was told that less than 10 B-rev chips existed outside the company. It's officially tested to be 100% working, but as there's no PCBs, it's hard to confirm.

Nevertheless, market value for working Bitboys designed chip, which exist quantities is under 100 items, could be quite high, as non working BB stuff has got some huge sell prices in eBay. Yet, mine is not in sale, as the memories I have from the time which lead to getting to one is far more valuable than any money.
I really understand you. It's for a similar reason I follow old glorious cards as the Voodoo5 6000 I got. But did not really exist a prototype finished card they surely used for initial test or they was at the very first stages of implementation?
Anyway I think I would focus on the Pyramid3D board but they are so difficult to find.

1870272axewafer_pic3.jpg

bitboys1.jpg

bitboys2.jpg

Is that a usb cable plugged into the card ?
Possibly. That looks a little like the card Bitboys were using to demonstrate their 2D vector graphics technology circa 2003 and it would need some means of quickly changing the demonstration.

hehe :) 2 of those three shots I was next to the guy who took them. Those are from Assembly 2003 I think and my site hosted them as mirror while they were Slashdotted from this forum in thread "some pictures... no one cares though...".

65 thousand individual views during 25 hours. Interesting enough, hosts like nVidia.com, S3Inc.com and AMD.com were most enthuastic viewers. nVidia being the biggest with 128 views.

First and second represents development board for AXE and in both it is carrying A-rev chip and so it does not work. Yet, Neither is not production PCB. Production PCB board would have had no dauhgter PCB carrying TV signal coder, but it would have been integrated. First one was shown in Bitboys "new" webpages in late 2003, while second one is from Assembly 2003, taken by Tronic (member of this forum as well.)

last one is FPGA based development boards of Acceleon G10, which was done for and licensed by NEC. It is SVG Tiny 1.0 accelerator sized so small that it was designed to replace row column latchers in display itself and so it could have been replacement part to existing display designs. NEC did license it and only NEC knows how many devices really carry this chip.

ah... some great memories. :) I wonder if ATI skandinavia still has VIP Sauna reserved during Assembly...

hehe :) 2 of those three shots I was next to the guy who took them. Those are from Assembly 2003 I think and my site hosted them as mirror while they were Slashdotted from this forum in thread "some pictures... no one cares though...".

65 thousand individual views during 25 hours. Interesting enough, hosts like nVidia.com, S3Inc.com and AMD.com were most enthuastic viewers. nVidia being the biggest with 128 views.

First and second represents development board for AXE and in both it is carrying A-rev chip and so it does not work. Yet, Neither is not production PCB. Production PCB board would have had no dauhgter PCB carrying TV signal coder, but it would have been integrated. First one was shown in Bitboys "new" webpages in late 2003, while second one is from Assembly 2003, taken by Tronic (member of this forum as well.)

last one is FPGA based development boards of Acceleon G10, which was done for and licensed by NEC. It is SVG Tiny 1.0 accelerator sized so small that it was designed to replace row column latchers in display itself and so it could have been replacement part to existing display designs. NEC did license it and only NEC knows how many devices really carry this chip.

ah... some great memories. :) I wonder if ATI skandinavia still has VIP Sauna reserved during Assembly...
I was sure you liked to see it again here. :D
So I would like to see one in my hands. :D

Thank for the curiosity about view number on you page, I like this kind of geek story. :)

But RevB of the chip never run on a proto board like that?

Back