Next Gen GPU architecture GCN, RDNA, Navi 10/20 (PS5 Navi Hybrid, Xbox Navi Pure) *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He refuses to simply say that their only releasing one console.
No matter how you read that, he's dancing around the topic. (he's well aware what and why he keeps being asked that)
Does it mean there will end up being 2 released, no, but I don't take that as confirmation.

Just don't belive that either Sony or MS will just discharge all less performing 7nm chips... Will find ways of utilizing them

He refuses to simply say that their only releasing one console.
No matter how you read that, he's dancing around the topic. (he's well aware what and why he keeps being asked that)
Does it mean there will end up being 2 released, no, but I don't take that as confirmation.
Off course, what that also means is that if they're focussing on Scarlett, they're not on The Other Box, which means it's a half-arsed also-ran. Unless they are also giving that due consideration, in which case he's lying about focussing on Scarlett.

Off course, what that also means is that if they're focussing on Scarlett, they're not on The Other Box, which means it's a half-arsed also-ran. Unless they are also giving that due consideration, in which case he's lying about focussing on Scarlett.
Or simply focusing on the marketing/message of the most powerful one at the moment.
Which prior to E3 is what I expected.
It's just that due to the way they've been talking its clouded things.

The interviewer made a straight question and got a straight answer. The interviewer from Business Insider (i.e. not wccftech&friends) who actually had the conversation with Phil Spencer wrote the single console statement as final.

But of course the fans need to keep feeding off their drool-inducing 100% self-inflicted hype so sure, let's keep the obvious fact that there's only one console coming up under wraps because you can somehow under some obscure way intetpret that he's dancing around the subject and/or the professional reporter from a reputable source is an idiot who can't see around clues.

Like those people a couple of months ago who were arguing that Cerny's interview didn't 100% confirm the PS5 was coming with a SSD despite him mentioning the tech like 5 times while describing the faster load speeds and the reporter stating as much.

I see that B3D is getting populated with detectives and linguistics experts.
Or maybe not.

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/208837/microsoft-shifts-xbox-focus-to-one-next-gen-console#

First, developers were having a harder than expected time creating next-generation games that spanned across two systems with various specs. As you might expect, developers were putting a focus on making games that would run well on the lower-end device first and then scaling them up to the higher-speced, Anaconda.

Keep in mind, it’s easier to scale up than it is to scale down. Because of this, next-gen Xbox games would be at performance and visual disadvantage which is not what Microsoft would like to see as it starts to go head-to-head with the next generation PlayStation.

Azure servers. All of them. :yep2:

Also the ps5 chips ?
I tought Sony can make a ps5-lite that works mostly like a ps4-pro by cutting frequencies on less performing chips... That if CU are 36 as it seems... And BC is done just trough HW & OS tricks...

The interviewer made a straight question and got a straight answer. The interviewer from Business Insider (i.e. not wccftech&friends) who actually had the conversation with Phil Spencer wrote the single console statement as final.

But of course the fans need to keep feeding off their drool-inducing 100% self-inflicted hype so sure, let's keep the obvious fact that there's only one console coming up under wraps because you can somehow under some obscure way intetpret that he's dancing around the subject and/or the professional reporter from a reputable source is an idiot who can't see around clues.

Like those people a couple of months ago who were arguing that Cerny's interview didn't 100% confirm the PS5 was coming with a SSD despite him mentioning the tech like 5 times while describing the faster load speeds and the reporter stating as much.

I see that B3D is getting populated with detectives and linguistics experts.
Or maybe not.
I think there is a subtle but important difference between that discussion and this one. That specific one kept technical, people were discussing multiple ways of how such an item could be implemented with/without SSD. I think keeping the discussion open for the sake of hearing the different available avenues was valuable, at the least it was informative; I'm fairly positive most of us knew that it was SSD.

This particular topic, I had hoped would be the case for some time, you can see some of my posts indicating that MS would go with 1 because the 2 console launch business made for a terrible product lineup.

I'm glad it's dead.

This particular topic, I had hoped would be the case for some time, you can see some of my posts indicating that MS would go with 1 because the 2 console launch business made for a terrible product lineup.
How so?

First, developers were having a harder than expected time creating next-generation games that spanned across two systems with various specs. As you might expect, developers were putting a focus on making games that would run well on the lower-end device first and then scaling them up to the higher-speced, Anaconda.

If the CPUs are the same, what would the problem be if it's just a change in framebuffer resolution (handled by dynamic res)? The current Xbox One devkits are essentially collapsed to a flip of the switch between Scorpio & base performance profiles, for instance.

Too much overlap. Product line too congested.
Between X1X, xCloud, Lockhart, Anaconda. Unless Lockhart was 12TF and Anaconda way out there in elite PC performance space, it was never going to fly.
X1X will still be able to keep up with Lockhart. And Lockhart would never have been powerful enough to support ray tracing well compared to a 12TF anaconda.
Too many platforms to cover, too many SKUs, none of it made sense. I suppose 1 particular strategy is to have lockhart replace X1X. But in the end developers still need to do X1X optimization as well for the people that have owned it since 2017.

xCloud + Anaconda will work, with stragglers on X1X until they decide to switch over.

Too much overlap. Product line too congested.
Between X1X, xCloud, Lockhart, Anaconda. Unless Lockhart was 12TF and Anaconda way out there in elite PC performance space, it was never going to fly.
X1X will still be able to keep up with Lockhart. And Lockhart would never have been powerful enough to support ray tracing well compared to a 12TF anaconda.

xCloud + Anaconda will work, with stragglers on X1X until they decide to switch over.
So you agree that base consoles should be eliminated right now?

So you agree that base consoles should be eliminated right now?
Well I don't think they are removing SAD since they just launched it (though they could toss it too) They must see that as their barebones xbox + streaming console.

If they are going to do this then: SAD + xCloud + Anaconda

They need to toss XBO and X1X.

Also the ps5 chips ?
I tought Sony can make a ps5-lite that works mostly like a ps4-pro by cutting frequencies on less performing chips... That if CU are 36 as it seems... And BC is done just trough HW & OS tricks...
Yep.

uoAn6kmHP8cw8bgaxtHSem-320-80.jpg

No. They need to offer trade-in programs for OneX to Anaconda.

Well I don't think they are removing SAD since they just launched it (though they could toss it too) They must see that as their barebones xbox + streaming device.

If they are going to do this then: SAD + xCloud + Anaconda

SAD is probably just a low volume experiment. Given the overall sales of Xbox One stagnating, there'd be no reason to keep Scorpio either once the next gen launches.

No. They need to offer trade-in programs for OneX to Anaconda.
Which i suspect will happen for both Sony and MS. There are a great deal of money that can be remade from the reselling of older consoles for people that want to get in on really cheap hardware.

SAD is probably just a low volume experiment. Given the overall sales of Xbox One stagnating, there'd be no reason to keep Scorpio either once the next gen launches.
Hello PC / xCloud / Anaconda

Good to be a PC gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back