Destiny 2

4K HDR looks good! Destiny still has a shimmering alias problem though. But overall very nice. Not quite halo 5 image clarity but damn close. In some areas better. Good texture quality. Streaming engine is working welll here.

Is the HDR for standard PS4, or PS4Pro only?
hoping that they support standard ps4 too, but i can't see any definitive info..

Why does the HDR seem to hurt my eyes?? Am I just getting really old? Like seriously...I'm having a hard time playing crucible with the HDR

Trying to decide whether to spring 20 for the expansion...almost certainly will in the next few hours.

All the crucible changes are just minor tweaks. There is no major rework.

Mod system is still completely fubared. It's mind boggling you can only see ten mods to buy from the gunsmith, and have to figure workarounds (storing other blues in the vault til the one you want shows up) if the one you want isn't among them. Mind bogglingly stupid, should have been fixed week 1. I can figure this out with reddit etc, but an average player would have zero clue whats going on.

Why does the HDR seem to hurt my eyes?? Am I just getting really old? Like seriously...I'm having a hard time playing crucible with the HDR

Trying to decide whether to spring 20 for the expansion...almost certainly will in the next few hours.

All the crucible changes are just minor tweaks. There is no major rework.

Mod system is still completely fubared. It's mind boggling you can only see ten mods to buy from the gunsmith, and have to figure workarounds (storing other blues in the vault til the one you want shows up) if the one you want isn't among them. Mind bogglingly stupid, should have been fixed week 1. I can figure this out with reddit etc, but an average player would have zero clue whats going on.

If it’s uncomfortable, just lower the brightness on your TV. It’s very strange to me that your eyes would hurt. How far away from the TV are you? Are you playing in a dark room?

If it’s uncomfortable, just lower the brightness on your TV. It’s very strange to me that your eyes would hurt. How far away from the TV are you? Are you playing in a dark room?
it's depends on his panel as well, but yea you really need to calibrate Rangers. Some TVs have insane HDR brightness, and some are darker than others. Calibrating correctly (and for you room will) go a long way to preserving your eyes.

If you are in a dark room, I suggest bias lighting behind you TV to reduce the strain on your eyes playing in HDR.

I think I was just tired...it's fine.

The campaign (Osiris) can look really awesome at times in HDR. Man, it's just amazing what level of detail is relatively normal nowadays (and how much work must go into every throwaway segment of a campaign level to make it look so good). Sometimes this game is among the best looking out there, including single player titles.

I'm not sure how much me now being on the X is making it look better. HDR is kind of a huge thing anyway, and I dont have a XBox S+HDR frame of reference. I pretty much forgot about the change to 4k too. The difference must be subtle, but it could be stronger than I realize. Looking forward to DF's analysis.

I think I was just tired...it's fine.

The campaign (Osiris) can look really awesome at times in HDR. Man, it's just amazing what level of detail is relatively normal nowadays (and how much work must go into every throwaway segment of a campaign level to make it look so good). Sometimes this game is among the best looking out there, including single player titles.

I'm not sure how much me now being on the X is making it look better. HDR is kind of a huge thing anyway, and I dont have a XBox S+HDR frame of reference. I pretty much forgot about the change to 4k too. The difference must be subtle, but it could be stronger than I realize. Looking forward to DF's analysis.
way stronger than you realize ;) it's incredibly sharp.
Important note, my factory settings totally 'effed any ability for me to play video games.
Once i calibrated, the games look super good.

What's an easy way to calibrate for dummies? Hint: SUPER EASY. I dont care to spend much time on it.

The calibration works for SDR and HDR?

I've never adjusted a TV off factory settings...except brightness.

I think I got started on the Xbox's calibration tool once but it got too deep too fast. At least for some reason I quit.

way stronger than you realize ;) it's incredibly sharp
What's an easy way to calibrate for dummies? Hint: SUPER EASY. I dont care to spend much time on it.

The calibration works for SDR and HDR?

I've never adjusted a TV off factory settings...except brightness.

I think I got started on the Xbox's calibration tool once but it got too deep too fast. At least for some reason I quit.
what TV are you using ? And you have to calibrate one for SDR and one for HDR

For me I had to load and HDR game to adjust calibration for HDR. Exit the HDR game to SDR yo adjust those settings.

I just read that with the new update, Destiny 2 is locking old content behind the DLC paywall.

Stuff that was possible before the update, needs now the DLC...

This is again a business tactics that seems extremely anti-consumer.

I know they basically did the same in D1...sad, that Bungie is not learning from its mistakes.

Edit: yt reactions didn‘t take long

Last edited:
I just read that with the new update, Destiny 2 is locking old content behind the DLC paywall.

We just got through the discussion of no MT thought, at least there is nothing addictive here.

Recall, these expansions were likely developed and chunked away from the main game (so that they could charge you 70 + 30, where the game should sit at $100, but the market wouldn't accept that price.

I know they basically did the same in D1...sad, that Bungie is not learning from its mistakes.

Edit: yt reactions didn‘t take long

Grrrr. This really irks me.
I got the dlc thru a gift, but was not going to (although it is good) speak out against bad practices somewhat.

Back