The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2017 edition

I am pretty sure many people at the front row of the conference cheering are staged. The are so fake. Especially at the announcement of XBOX BC support.

Dude, your perception is warped and out of touch. Many have been clamoring for Original Xbox Backwards Compatibility since they announced X360 BC. It may even be the most requested feature on the Xbox User Voice site.

Anthem is a good example of the kind of exclusives ms should have secured or have its first party build for a 500$ console. This is what a big production looks like . Ms has zero exclusives of this caliber . How sad is it that the only big production game in a platform holder's conference , which introduces a new super expensive console, is an....EA game ?

a lost opportunity I think. Another one
No, it's smart PR as I've been saying for months. If they show games looking so much better on Scorpio that'll only serve to piss off existing Xbox One/S owners, especially those who have recently invested.

Conference sucks dicks. Mostly multiplatform games. Price at $500 is not great. Xbox orig backwards compatibility ... This is a 0/10 feature for me. Lots of cool indie games. State of Decay 2 will be great. Sea of Thieves is a wait and see. This Bioware game looks really good. Looks like the game Destiny should have been. Could have been a 30-45 minute conference.

And now it ends...

Mixer stream is showing invite to watch Sea of Thieves co-streaming.

right but this was a great chance for them. Sony are going to win another E3 just by showing a game in youtube, they don't need to make a lot of effort
The winners of E3 are the gamers who aren't fanboys. Cool conference, lots of great looking gamers coming out this year and next.

So this is Biowares take on Destiny? Looks interesting. Overall very good conference, nothing too surprising in terms of games, but the messaging was spot on from MS. My two game highlights are Sea of Thieves and Ori 2. The pricing could've been better for the XO X. The only thing it lacked was first party surprises really.

right but this was a great chance for them. Sony are going to win another E3 just by showing a game in youtube, they don't need to make a lot of effort
Agreed Sony has won with ease. They will show actual blockbusters and games they have invested good money on. Ms showed...what exactly today ? Seriously that was the most underwhelming press conference ever and to think of the hype ms executives had created for this. I expect a gigantic backlash on the internet, similar to the one when they had the tvtvtv Xboxone introduction.

Conference sucks dicks. Mostly multiplatform games. Price at $500 is not great. Xbox orig backwards compatibility ... This is a 0/10 feature for me. Lots of cool indie games. State of Decay 2 will be great. Sea of Thieves is a wait and see. This Bioware game looks really good. Looks like the game Destiny should have been. Could have been a 30-45 minute conference.

Exactly this. Nothing showed gets my to spend $499 on this.

Does nothing to accelerate the Xbox platform or userbase.

Back