Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

You are "Idontbull"? if so then we were together and I left after the moon mission with wave after wave of Titans and the Ogre at the end. My PSN name is the same as here.
BTW, I hate you cos you took the Sword of Crota all for yourself :D !! I wanted that thing in my hand !

and yes, the game is fun even when solo. I was playing solo before I joined you guys.

Here's a list of upcoming events:
upcoming_events_inline.jpg

I am still at level 7, though.

BTW< I thought the level cap was 20, then how is raid listed as Level 26? :???:

Apparently, It's possible to achieve a level greater than 20 with gear. Certain gear contains a "light" attribute that adds to your level.

See here: http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Light

Last edited by a moderator:
err... im playing destiny as a normal shooter. i did not level up at all and it keep nagging me to press OPTIONS to levelup.... i did not buy any equipment.

basically it now feel really like a halo game but with more confusing and passable story. the battle are slower than halo but "bigger" and it did not always force you to battle (some mission allow me to just run through, ignoring enemies. or using alternate/hidden route to evade enemies).

the jarring things in destiny are:
- loading screen mid-traversal
- invisible walls

and some annoyance:
- unskipable cutscene
- "options" menu get minimized when loading, but sometime it works just fine.

Why aren't you leveling? It's really simple. Most of the adds are passive. You basically get a grenade(LB) a melee attack (RB) and a special attack (LB+RB). The rest of it, you don't have to choose too much.

it gives me so many options when leveling and i dont know what option will result. what the damage, what the animation (lame or cool), etc. and it also eating my money (or something, i still dont grasp the economy in destiny).

it say "Solar gun, press L1 and R1. it disintegrate enemy". that means this weapon is 1 hit kill weapon or not? then its upgrade say "better accuracy", how much better?

so i return back to my habbit to "save things up" for later time when i understand the game :D
theres also "sword master" job that unlock on level15. so i want to save up for that :)

So what do you think Scott, should I jump in? I'm really only interested in the co-op aspects and PvE, but so far you're about the only Friend I have left that has a Bone. If I have to slog through Destiny solo, I'll probably pass.

@NRP
without friendlist you still can have coop session.

1. make sure you set group as "public" every boot of titanfall. Its available on "Rooster" submenu and inside "icon". this will allow other people to jump in.
2. you also can actively invite or join other people that has set the group as "public". on PS4 this can be done by targeting that person and pressing START.

So what do you think Scott, should I jump in? I'm really only interested in the co-op aspects and PvE, but so far you're about the only Friend I have left that has a Bone. If I have to slog through Destiny solo, I'll probably pass.

It's a fun game. It's not my favourite game of all time, but it's good. I probably liked Borderlands 2 better so far. The difficulty in Destiny is balanced better. It's a much harder game. Something about Borderlands just made it really entertaining. I guess all the ridiculous humour.

it gives me so many options when leveling and i dont know what option will result. what the damage, what the animation (lame or cool), etc. and it also eating my money (or something, i still dont grasp the economy in destiny).

it say "Solar gun, press L1 and R1. it disintegrate enemy". that means this weapon is 1 hit kill weapon or not? then its upgrade say "better accuracy", how much better?

so i return back to my habbit to "save things up" for later time when i understand the game :D
theres also "sword master" job that unlock on level15. so i want to save up for that :)

Pretty sure you have to level up the sub-class seperately. You can't use ability points from one class for the other.

The skill tree is a bit of an illusion. It doesn't really offer a lot of choice. Each level one new ability unlocks. From what I've seen, you just buy the option you're shown. For the grenade, you can choose which type you are going to equip. The super you can choose which add you want to use. I don't think there's any real reason to bank ability points. Plus, the grenade the melee attack and the super/ultimate attack are incredibly useful.

Weapon upgrades are probably a waste until you hit high level items. Some of them are really cheap, so I do them, but you replace stuff fast enough that I don't think it's worth it. Sometimes it's nice to switch the site on your gun. As for what the upgrades do, you can actually see how they effect the weapon stats. I'm pretty sure the weapon stats are shown on that screen and you can seen the range bar elongate as you hover over the upgrade ... I'm pretty sure.

I loved Borderlands. Definitely because of the wacky humor and over the top weapons and enemies.

I did enjoy the Destiny beta, but it certainly didn't grab me the way Halo or even Borderlands did.

This reddit has some good info:

Once you hit lvl 18, you unlock the Strike Playlist. This shows up on the navigation menu in orbit, next to the Crucible option in the bottom right.

There are 4 playlists. One for lvl 18, 20, 22 and 24. All this is is a Fireteam of 3 like any other Strike, but you get put in to a random strike, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE STRIKE OR NOT (so if you have yet to explore Mars, you may get thrown in to a Mars strike).

The lvl 18 strike gives you no marks, 20 gives you 2, 22 gives you 3, and 24 gives you 6.

These give you pathetic amounts of rep as well, ranging from 10 to 20.

At lvl 20, you unlock the daily heroic story and weekly heroic strike. The daily heroic resets, yep, daily. The weekly heroic resets every Tuesday.

Each have modifiers such as enemies do extra melee damage or enemies deal but are more vulnerable to certain types of damage like Solar for example.

The Daily heroic story mission gives you rep and marks, usually 5. Sometimes you can get rare material rewards, used to upgrade your rarer gear.

The weekly heroic not only requires you to be in a fireteam before starting it, but it gives you 3 marks, +150 rep and +3 Strange Coins (used to buy gear from the black market vendor that ONLY appears between every Friday and Sunday, with a minimum of 7 coins needed for each item he sells - and his gear is sweeeeeeeeet for sure - note that coins can be obtained via blue engrams as well as getting gold in public events, but they're not guaranteed).

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._vanguard_rep_faction_rep_and_vanguard_marks/

When you're level 20, you want to make sure you have a Vanguard-faction class-item equipped so you can earn Vanguard marks in the strike playlists. That will allow you to buy the fancy gear.

Same thing applies for PvP. You want to wear a faction-aligned class item so you can earn reputation with that faction while playing in the Crucible, and spend your Crucible marks on their special items.

I loved Borderlands. Definitely because of the wacky humor and over the top weapons and enemies.

I did enjoy the Destiny beta, but it certainly didn't grab me the way Halo or even Borderlands did.

See, I think Halo is one of the most overrated game series of all time, behind Final Fantasy and Metal Gear which are both huge turds. If you're looking for Halo then you might not like it. For me, it's a plus. The story and the writing are surprisingly even worse than Halo.

I'm at the point where I'm not going to get a game unless I know I'm going to put a lot of time into it, or really enjoy a short time with it. If you weren't that into the beta, I wouldn't get it. Too many other things to do with your time than play a game you're only like moderately. I'm at least 12 hours in and I'm maybe just past the half way mark in the story, and not even close to being down all of the side content.

err... im playing destiny as a normal shooter. i did not level up at all and it keep nagging me to press OPTIONS to levelup.... i did not buy any equipment.

basically it now feel really like a halo game but with more confusing and passable story. the battle are slower than halo but "bigger" and it did not always force you to battle (some mission allow me to just run through, ignoring enemies. or using alternate/hidden route to evade enemies).

the jarring things in destiny are:
- loading screen mid-traversal
- invisible walls

and some annoyance:
- unskipable cutscene
- "options" menu get minimized when loading, but sometime it works just fine.

Errr, I was wondering why you kept opting to run through without killing enemies. You need those points to help level up faster and have them drop loot, so that's incentive to not run through. You can't treat as though you're playing a straight up shooter. But we were playing on levels a few notches above your level, which would have made it a bit more difficult for you to kill each enemy than normal. Also, the multi-player matches help you level up pretty quickly too, so I recommend those and doing the bounties.

Weapon upgrades are probably a waste until you hit high level items. Some of them are really cheap, so I do them, but you replace stuff fast enough that I don't think it's worth it. Sometimes it's nice to switch the site on your gun. As for what the upgrades do, you can actually see how they effect the weapon stats. I'm pretty sure the weapon stats are shown on that screen and you can seen the range bar elongate as you hover over the upgrade ... I'm pretty sure.

Just a note on this. Green weapons upgrade easily, even at 20. Blue armor and weapons kinda suck. It isn't weapon parts that are the problem though - it is hadronic essence (the armor stuff) and glimmer. I will generally get 10-20 green weapons for each blue weapon that drops. I tend to keep one weapon for a long time. So I'm swimming in weapon parts.

I had to spend a couple hours farming last night to finish the upgrades on my armor. Mostly for glimmer (which the most efficient way to farm is to find chests and such).

Also, my PSN id is Xalion (you can see my warlock here). If any of you need help or just want company and I'm on feel free to drop me an invite. So far I've played entirely solo, so I'm interested in seeing how the game plays with other people.

What do you guys think of the 3-player fire squad limit? I think they should have designed the game around 4 player missions, but I'm not sure if changing it now that the levels are already designed would be a good idea. The missions are really well designed for 3 players. It feels right. I think 4 players would require slightly bigger designs. I'm not sure if they wanted to keep the missions smaller and more personal rather than having four players running around and splitting up. Can't understand why they chose 3 over 4 which is more standard. Anyway, there are people I see complaining, asking for 4 players. The raids are 6 player.

I like to skip the battle because it become boring. This area again, this enemy again. In the other hand boss battle usually have different area and play style.

And I have found a good strategy to safely kill enemies that must be killed. Let 1 teammate Summon the enemy by placing ghost on objective while the other two camp far behind. Enemies force will be spread and they almost never chase you past a gate and always never chase past checkpoint.

But now I have arrived on mission that need level 15 at minimum and I'm still level 11 :(

This strategy also good for quickly finish mission on hard to get bonus experience after finishing it. Just skip most enemies :D

About crucible.. This game don't have minimap. I don't understand to go where the enemy is. In single player this is not a huge problem although it do makes me jump to cliff often.

@scott arm
So I won't miss anything if I levelup? I mean in mmo it can result to a useless character with weird set of skills.

Wow, how are ppl levelling up so fast. Everyone seems to be level 20or above on my friend list. It took my whole evening going from level 7 to 9 !
I love the fact that the game is hard, one dies a lot. Loved the Strike on Earth. Took a lot of work to finish !
Seems like I am the only one on this forum who likes this much more than Borderlands. This is fun, that was monotonous to me. Also, love the loot in this one ! And very well balanced difficulty. Feels priceless in 3 player co-op !

Wow, how are ppl levelling up so fast. Everyone seems to be level 20or above on my friend list. It took my whole evening going from level 7 to 9 !
I love the fact that the game is hard, one dies a lot. Loved the Strike on Earth. Took a lot of work to finish !
Seems like I am the only one on this forum who likes this much more than Borderlands. This is fun, that was monotonous to me. Also, love the loot in this one ! And very well balanced difficulty. Feels priceless in 3 player co-op !

Pay attention to bounties. You get huge experience from really easy objectives. Fastest way to level up that I know of.

I like to skip the battle because it become boring. This area again, this enemy again. In the other hand boss battle usually have different area and play style.

And I have found a good strategy to safely kill enemies that must be killed. Let 1 teammate Summon the enemy by placing ghost on objective while the other two camp far behind. Enemies force will be spread and they almost never chase you past a gate and always never chase past checkpoint.

But now I have arrived on mission that need level 15 at minimum and I'm still level 11 :(

This strategy also good for quickly finish mission on hard to get bonus experience after finishing it. Just skip most enemies :D

About crucible.. This game don't have minimap. I don't understand to go where the enemy is. In single player this is not a huge problem although it do makes me jump to cliff often.

@scott arm
So I won't miss anything if I levelup? I mean in mmo it can result to a useless character with weird set of skills.

No, as far as I can tell you won't miss anything. I don't think you can screw up your skill tree. Easiest way to check would be to look at the skill tree and count to see if there are more than 20 unlocks. It's not like other games with huge skill trees where you can only unlock 10% of it and mess up your character if you pick the wrong stuff.

Also, you sound like the worst person to play with ;) Hiding away like a coward, using your teammates as bait and avoiding most of the combat and enemies. My friends and I just steamroll everything head on.

Back