You're a good Republican if.....

epicstruggle said:
yeah steeped in reality. You must be smoking something.

later,

epicstruggle, I've simply come to the conclusion that you just do not have a sense of humor. Democrats can laugh at ourselves and our shortcomings quite quickly. But a republican? Oh hell no. So sad. :LOL:

if you laughed at your shortcomming than you wouldnt have time to do anything but laugh all the time. I read the democratic list and actually thought it rang true so i didnt find it as funny.

later,

epicstruggle said:
if you laughed at your shortcomming than you wouldnt have time to do anything but laugh all the time. I read the democratic list and actually thought it rang true so i didnt find it as funny.

later,

The same has been said by democrats reading this thread about republicans. ;)

Dems can laugh at the absurd notions republicans bring up about us. Republicans can only squirm and cry "Not Funny!" at the true notions we bring up about them. And still, Dems laugh at them anyways. :LOL:

Natoma, it isn't that your subject matter was lacking in potential humor, just that your delivery royally sucked. So we know now that you should never be a legal scholar or a comedian. ;)

Bigus Dickus said:
Natoma, it isn't that your subject matter was lacking in potential humor, just that your delivery royally sucked. So we know now that you should never be a legal scholar or a comedian. ;)

Yea I actually backed up my "jokes" with facts instead of pulling it out my rear like sabastian's source. ;)

RussSchultz said:
Facts like Bush's 1000 SAT score?

Gotta exaggerate somewhere to make it funny. His C- average most definitely wasn't an exaggeration. Yea, he got into yale on his talent alone. UTexas had no clue what they were doing when they rejected him. :LOL:

Ah, once again, a bit of fact, eh? (but only a bit)

I looked it up, and Bush was not accepted by University of Texas LAW SCHOOL. That little omission makes a huge difference. Even now, UT Law only accepts ~500/yr. Being a highly sought after public (read: inexpensive) institution that consistantly ranks in the top 20 law schools in the nation, it's no wonder an average performing student gets rejected when there's so many outstanding students vying for the same spots.

But, he's president, and you....? You have to make up facts to fit your jokes which aren't even funny if we ignore the factual innaccuracies.

Oh yea. He's president. That means something *cough* father's connections and everyone else thinking for him *cough*.

Isn't it great to know a C- high school student who only got into an ivy league because of his father's legacy is now the leader of the free world? A guy who can't even pronounce nuclear correctly? Yea........

Natoma said:
Isn't it great to know a C- high school student
More facts, eh? Back that one up.

I know he got C- scores at Yale, but high school? Couldn't find anything about that. Can you?

Ahem.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/campaigns/wh2000/stories/bush072799.htm

And btw, Dubya did apply to UTexas out of High School. UTexas and Yale.

In his senior year, Bush applied to only two colleges, the University of Texas and Yale.

Bush would later tell friends he was terrified of flunking out of Andover, afraid that he would embarrass himself and his family.

He actually attended Phillips Academy in Andover, fyi.

and

http://www.dailyillini.com/feb02/feb11/opinions/stories/opinions_column02.shtml

Despite low test scores, Bush was admitted to Phillips Academy-Andover, the most selective boarding school in the nation. Once there, he honored the opportunity his parents gave him by hardly working and earned mostly C's and D's.

Except they don't have any proof of this because his scores have never been released from Andover.

And I'd choose Yale over UT, also. Unless you're still suggesting that he was rejected from UT undergrad with a 1200 SAT.

RussSchultz said:
Except they don't have any proof of this because his scores have never been released from Andover.

I suppose you've never heard of press leaks.

RussSchultz said:
And I'd choose Yale over UT, also. Unless you're still suggesting that he was rejected from UT undergrad with a 1200 SAT.

Point is, with his grades and his SAT scores, there is no way in hell he would have gotten into Yale on his own merits. C's and D's + 1200 SAT != Yale student in any scenario, other than legacy.

I see. And that some how justifies you making things up and saying he got a 1000?

And yes, he got in on legacy. Sucks to be a white guy from a rich family, doesn't it?

RussSchultz said:
I see. And that some how justifies you making things up and saying he got a 1000?

Ah yes, far worse than saying someone was a sex-offender. :rolleyes:

Sabastian said:
You have to believe conservatives telling the truth belong in jail, but a liar and sex-offender belong in the White House

RussSchultz said:
And yes, he got in on legacy. Sucks to be a white guy from a rich family, doesn't it?

Yea, especially when that legacy preferences guy from the rich family comes out demonizing racial preferences. Ahh the irony of it all.

See, that's funny.

"You might be a republican president if:
-You got into Yale as a legacy, but firmly oppose affirmative action."

There's irony and a juxtaposition of racial/power positions. You don't have to spell out the joke. Its not filled with infantile insults.

Plus its true. Truth is an important element of humor.

RussSchultz said:
See, that's funny.

"You might be a republican president if:
-You got into Yale as a legacy, but firmly oppose affirmative action."

There's irony and a juxtaposition of racial/power positions. You don't have to spell out the joke. Its not filled with infantile insults.

Plus its true. Truth is an important element of humor.

Ahem. Someone didn't finish reading the list. ;)

Natoma said:
15. You believe race and gender preferences are the devil incarnate, but legacy preferences are hells bells.

No, I read it. Its full of those forced superlatives that convey YOUR convictions, not let the reader discover the irony themselves.

Back