You know that Sony is ready to launch the PS3 when ...

nelg

Veteran
You know that Sony is ready to launch the PS3 when ...

1. It ask its developers to return the devkits so the can sell them.

2. Sony corners the market on up-scaling DVD players, puts a Blu-ray sticker on them and announces that the supply issues have been solved.

3. Sony admits that the hiring of a colour blind "chief of engineering" was a mistake.

4. Sony announces that the real reason for the delay was to allow for the inclusion of Blu-ray's successor Purple-ray.

feel free to contiune.

6. The waters recede rapidly, out to beyond the low-tide shoreline.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are no longer making silly threads like these?

When they get tired of toying with Microsoft, getting their hopes up again, just to crush them one more time?*

*Well, somebody needs to give poor Sony some love right now. Otherwise KK might go postal or something. I promise not to make a habit of it. :p

When they have restricted and delayed the launch in all areas by a year except one district of Tokyo which has 10 electronics goods shops.

4. Sony announces that the real reason for the delay was to allow for the inclusion of Blu-ray's successor Purple-ray.
The wavelength for Bluray's laser is already 405 nm, which is already into the violet range. Significantly below that, and you're into UV, and I think people are paranoid enough about UV from sunlight that a product called "UV-Ray" would rouse something of a panic. Could be worse... I mean you could go shorter in the wavelength and release disc formats called "X-Ray" or "Gamma-Ray."

Maybe if they'd gone a few notches down in the frequency, they could have capitalized on the tree-hugger market with "Green-Ray"... the environmentally friendly optical disc format.

The wavelength for Bluray's laser is already 405 nm, which is already into the violet range. Significantly below that, and you're into UV, and I think people are paranoid enough about UV from sunlight that a product called "UV-Ray" would rouse something of a panic. Could be worse... I mean you could go shorter in the wavelength and release disc formats called "X-Ray" or "Gamma-Ray."

Maybe if they'd gone a few notches down in the frequency, they could have capitalized on the tree-hugger market with "Green-Ray"... the environmentally friendly optical disc format.

hehehe gamma-ray...:LOL:

Back