Yakuza 5

patsu

Legend
Toshihiro Nagoshi Shares a Few Yakuza 5 Details
http://andriasang.com/comyrz/

Yakuza series creator Toshihiro Nagoshi held his latest "Nagonama" live broadcast on Nico Nico Video earlier today. During the broadcast, Nagoshi shared a few teaser bits about Yakuza 5

The setting of Yakuza 5 will be Kamurocho along with another city. Current candidates include Sapporo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka.

Nagoshi would not share the playable character count, nor would commit to the game being either single hero or multi hero.

They've not yet decided if they'll have hostess auditions for the game's hostess component.

Nagoshi says that it's unthinkable to have a Yakuza game without main character Kazuma Kiryu. He views Kiryu as Mario-like for the series.

Nagoshi really wants to make a "chapter zero" like entry which is set in the past of the Tojo Clan.

Ugh. Ill still be interested, but I must say, as a newcomer to the series with 4, every moment of Kaz Kiryu on the screen made me want to vomit. He's not even a shadow of the quality characters that are Akiyama and Saejima.

Yakuza 5 Takes Place After Yakuza 4, Not Dead Souls
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/22/yakuza-5-takes-place-after-yakuza-4-not-dead-souls/

Yakuza 5 doesn’t continue the series’ storyline with zombies ruling Japan. The next game in the series picks up after Yakuza 4 and of course Kazuma Kiryu is the main character.

Famitsu revealed the game will have five locations: Tokyo, Fukuoka, Osaka, Sapporo, and Nagoya. Each area will be a large location for players to explore. The magazine mentioned the team improved their tech and it will show in Yakuza 5 which will have a seamless transition between the game’s adventure mode and battles. Team Yakuza also reduced loading times, tweaked the camera system, and improved the level of detail for character faces.

Ugh. Ill still be interested, but I must say, as a newcomer to the series with 4, every moment of Kaz Kiryu on the screen made me want to vomit. He's not even a shadow of the quality characters that are Akiyama and Saejima.

Very much understandable. He's definitely your typical righteous and stoic anime stereotype who pales in comparison with just about anyone else in the series, not just the main characters (Goro Majima is a terrific character for example). The bent cop with a noble cause was a way more interesting character as well I might add. (Masa I believe was the name?)

It's nice to hear. I realize Yakuza is all about fanservice. But it's like playing leisure suit akira with that guy. The nice part is that they take him lightheartedly at this point. But my god... watching the videos in the "Reminisce" section, kiryu was torturous. Playing as a male prostitute must've been fun tho. ^^ anyway, yakuza 4's still perhaps my favorite game of this generation. The ecchi bits are kinda weird - too crappy/silly to be stimulating and too prevalent to pass under any tightasses' radar... but still, the game is so polished. Shenmue lives!!!

Kiryu was never a male prostitute in any Yakuza game. He could work as a male host in 2, but a host/hostess and a prostitute is something very different.

poopypoo is based in HK. In that part of the world, it can be hard to tell the difference between a host(ess) and a sex worker. It depends on the place you visit (The hosts are under constant pressure to turn "pro"). I walked into one private room accidentally during a company retreat one day, and oh boy... was I in the "news".

Played a bit of Y5, it is pretty awesome. The taxi and races are a pretty good diversion, and I can play that while the kid is watching!