Winning Eleven PES X360 demo

Tap In

Legend
Winning Eleven PES X360 demo available on MP today...

Not a soocer (football) fan and never played this before but man I now see what all the fuss is about.

this game is really cool... looks great, animates well with very realistic game play and has a boatload of special moves that will take time to master and add immensely to the experience.

May be my first Soccer purchase since the SNES/Genesis days. :D

Have they added anything over the PS2 version? From what I could see from trailers, gameplay looked identical. Is it another footy games that's just the PS2 version in hires?

Have they added anything over the PS2 version? From what I could see from trailers, gameplay looked identical. Is it another footy games that's just the PS2 version in hires?

It's the other way around. Quite a number of features from the PS2 version actually didn't make it into the 360 version. So it's all about the graphics, really.

I remember around the release of PES6 in the UK, a credible (if low-key) teletext site called GamesCentral claimed that a Konami rep informed them that a next-gen engine was well underway but due to setbacks was going to result in a later release. MS were having none of it as they wanted PES on their machine immediately, so Konami had to release a rushed port of the PC version with a bit of touching up.

Hence the difference between the early image releases and the subsequent game.

0000000pes6_image.jpg

000000042315.jpg

It's the other way around. Quite a number of features from the PS2 version actually didn't make it into the 360 version. So it's all about the graphics, really.
Another Fifa then? Has to be said, XB360's 'we are the home of football' first-year advantage came to absolutely nothing. Footy fans can make do with their PS2s for the time being.

yes a couple of features were cut (mass editing being the main one) but the hi res graphics make it much more enjoyable as well as the engine is more realistic in the passing and gameplay department. (which was already the best evidently)

being as I don't own a PS2, footy fans who have a 360 can now buy this version which pays as well or better and looks better (for $40 US too) ;)

8.3 review IGN
8.1 review Gamespot

Back