Which mobile phone/handset do you have?

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Last edited by a moderator:
I got a SonyEricsson K750i. Nice tool and acceptable photos for a phone. only thing that bother me is the lack of protection for the screen but no problem yet.

PatrickL said:
I got a SonyEricsson K750i. Nice tool and acceptable photos for a phone. only thing that bother me is the lack of protection for the screen but no problem yet.

Ditto.

Sample photo here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/captain_chickenpants/38884624/
One of the nice things is that you can share the memory card between it and the Sony PSP. Unfortunatly they both look for MP3s in a different place, I am looking at knocking up an app for the phone to transfer them between the required folders, (on that note does anyone know a quick way of doing a folder move using J2ME midlets?)

CC

Is there a decent phone which has mp3/FM with memory expansion slot, which can also work like a backup drive (doesn't matter if it doesn't have camera/video recording)?

Deepak said:
Is there a decent phone which has mp3/FM with memory expansion slot, which can also work like a backup drive (doesn't matter if it doesn't have camera/video recording)?
K750i.
Comes with a USB adapter cable and simply gets mounted as a removable media drive. Charges via USB, plays MP3's and has FM radio (although I haven't tried the radio yet).

CC

K700i, and dont wory deepak, 41mb is ALOT on this phone
pictures taken with the camera only take 25-30 kbyte in space...
i have lots of pics games and ringtones on my phone and still have lots of meg free

no point in storing full mp3 songs on it, you are better of buying a 50$ mp3player for that
(and it sucks the batery out of your phone anyway)

The old T600. When any company makes a smaller phone, I'll switch and not before that.

All these new mobile PDA's dubbed phones defeat the purpose of having a "mobile" phone if everyone thinks you have a boner when you carry it in your pocket...

Get a cheap one that can make and receive phone calls and doesn't have a stupid ringtone. That's my advice.

Nokia 6681 for me. Got a good deal on it and I'm really liking it. Not as good a camea as the K750i and not as good music features OOTB, but the latter can be fixed with third party software. Now, if only Nokia could come out with a decent looking and functional headphone/handsfree solution I'd be perfectly happy.

6681_large.jpg

Deepak said:
What kind of (built-in)memory do these phones use? For exp K700i's 41 MB.
The K750i has about 34MB free internal memory and ship with a 64MB Memory Stick Duo Pro (max 2GB, 4GB announced), the Qtek 8100 has 64MB and can use a Mini SD memory card (max 1GB, 2GB announced), and the Nokia 668x have about 10MB internal storage and ship with a 64MB MMC Mobile (max 512MB, 1 & 2GB announced).

Last edited by a moderator:
SE K700i
If I were to buy a phone now, I would buy some cheap basic model. The camera, MP3, Bluetooth features I have absolutely no use in a phone. I use a cellphone only for calling and texting, all other functions are useless extra for me.

But in reality, if I were to buy a new phone now, I would eventually buy something that looks good and has tons of features and at least 2 Megapixel camera with big storage for MP3's :)
Damn those companies giving me false urges and needs with their shiny cool gadgets!!!

Back