Whatcha gettin fo Christmas?

Installed a new entertainment system on my wife's request ^o^
* Bravia XBR6 46"
* PS3 80Gb (Only 2 USB ports... Booooooo)
* 1 more DualShock 3 controller
* Pelican PS3 controller charger (to free up the USB ports)
* Logitech Bluetooth keyboard + track pad
* PS Eye

Moved all my Blu-ray movies and casual/party games there. Still missing a USB hub for PS Eye, SingStar and Buzz!

This is the first time I formally train my wife on PS3 (so she can handle the kid's requests).
* As expected, she loves SingStar ABBA. Had to interrupt her to continue the "training". :p
* She's surprised at the web browser and full screen YouTube capability (more foreign language films and Karaoke for her)
* She joked if PS3 owners will ever leave their homes when she saw Playstation Home and the Mall (I guess that's the idea).
* She found the PS Store videos too expensive. She's going to use the NetFlix Blu-ray rentals instead.
* She's really clumsy and confused with the controller. Sony, gimme a casual friendly one please~

Also installing YDL 6.1. I decided to drop my LBP level making for some YDL work (probably OpenCV + PS Eye or/and Lego Mindstorms related).

EDIT: Oh and created a subaccount for my 3.5 year old. Parental control is in full effect. I think the overall PSN experience has much improved since the last/first time I tried it. Still *A LOT* of work to do though.

* PS3 80Gb (Only 2 USB ports... Booooooo)

Moved all my Blu-ray movies and casual/party games there. Still missing a USB hub for PS Eye, SingStar and Buzz!.

I bought this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817399036

Matches the PS3 and is a good compromise in size and price. I have the PSEye and a charging base plugged in with one left for things like a thumb drive. The other port on the PS3 is used for the IR dongle.

Thanks for the recommendation !

Also a note to folks regarding keyboard and Linux use.

Bluetooth keyboards are not recognized during Linux installation. I bought a PS/2-to-USB adaptor so that I can use my old PS/2 mouse and keyboard with it. That didn't work.

So now I have to bring my USB keyboard from the office PS3 to set up YellowDog Linux at home. Then install a Bluetooth driver for the new keyboard.

Probably Dead Space. Maybe the odd other game ... Prince of Persia? It's really down to what my brother things I'd like.

Maybe some gift certificates to put towards a PS3.

Everything else will be non-gaming related.

For my sister and niece:
Dell 22" widescreen monitor
A Wii
Samba de Amigo + maracas

For my brother:
An Xbox 360 Arcade
my old 20GB hard drive
Xbox Messenger kit (Messenger chat pad, wired headset, 12 months XBLA Gold, and PGR4)

For my friends:
PoP (PS3)
Gears of War 1 (X360)

For my friend's family:
Target Terror + Nyko Perfect Shot gun shell
Samba de Amigo + maracas
Scene It 2 + controllers

For myself:
A Samsung LN46A650 120Hz 1080p LCD TV
Wario Land: Shake It
Nyko Wireless Nunchuk adapter
Super Stardust Portable
Midnight Club: LA (PS3)
Burnout Paradise (PSN)

Receiving:
Logitech MX Air mouse from my mom
Motorstorm Pcific Rift from a friend
The Incredible Hulk from my sis (Blu-ray)
And I'm not sure about this one, but I think my brother might have gotten me some "Beats by Dr. Dre" headphones

I'm just looking forward to playing Rock Band with the family on Christmas day. We had a blast playing it on Thanksgiving last year, and we did Singstar PS3 for Thanksgiving this year. It's a great time for people passionate about this hobby, because it's evolved into something the whole family can come together around and enjoy.

pa.148399.1.jpg

I bought a canon hf 11 video camera .

I bought my cousin Star wars the force unleashed and wii points.

I made my family copies of all our old home videos from when my sister and I are kids .

I got my sister a bunch of baby clothes for my nephew who is coming into the world in Febuary.

I bought myself a 24 inch monitor....

Um thats really it. Spent more on me than anyone else.

Bought myself a CORE i7 system with 6 GB of ram, proceeded to the steam shop to buy the last 3 "crysis" games and GTA4. Left empty handed after seeing they all included Securom, but hey, it runs WOW in windowmode while i do alot of other shit :)

Got 2 Blu-Ray movies from the company, Dark Knight and Ironman, had to exchange them since i already owned them :)

I should have added lightroom to my wishlist, console games i usually just buy, but seeing this thread i might have done myself a favor by wishing for the Guitar Hero World Tour with the Drumkit :)

I got Dead Space but should have asked for the new Prince of Persia. I have too many Dark Gritty games right now. I'm playing through Gears2, Fallout3, Left 4 Dead and now Dead Space. I think I can only take so many heads exploding at a time. Prince of Persia could have been a nice change and some more variety.

I have a $50 CAD gift card that I could put towards a $400 CAD PS3. Not sure if I want to do it. I could also put that gift card towards Prince of Persia.

Too broad now for the Console Games section!

Here let me help with that; Not a single person got me the nose-hair trimmer I asked for. Oh wait that was no help at all.
But yeah, you get older, hair starts growing out of funny orifices on your head, and I didn't want to go to the store and buy it myself and be looked at funny. :)

Wife and I got each other 22" 1080p monitors with HDMI ports on them. Her parents got her a Panasonic Lumix FZ28 camera and got me some clothes. My parents bought us a new fridge when ours suddenly went out 3 months back, and made me do some light home maintenance work when we visited.

I bought myself pair of Sennheiser HD485 headphones.
Oh and I got a bunch of giftcards and a couple pairs of pants, which I needed badly.

picked up Orange Box ($19), Bioshock ($29) and SoulCaliberIV ($35) for new year toys. (All 360 versions)

I bought me a new tattoo. I bought the employees three new Priuses for car pooling to work.

Back