What do you collect?

MrsSkywalker

Newcomer
This week my sister picked up a box of comics for $10.00 at a yard sale for us to look over. Imagine my elation when I looked in and found well over 100 comics, many of them in the $15-$20 price range, and in good condition! Someone obviously took care in collecting them, only to sell the lot for a measly $10. As collectors, the hubby and I were wicked excited at her find!

Just got me thinking: What do other people collect?

We collect comic books, football cards/memorabilia and early Star Wars memorabilia (I used to collect old Coca-Cola advertisements, but a leaky water heater in the closet ended that collection :cry: ).

I used to collect comics (I had some early Flaming Carrot's), but that pretty much sums it up.

Now I just collect crap. :)

Oh yeah, and a few native american artefacts that were my parents.

Old random computer stuff (sold two Amigas to a friend, have two ANCIENT Texas Instruments computers that weigh about 60 pounds each lying around that need be thrown out before I move), and I might start collecting Civil War swords. Got one passed down through the family that I really need to get appraised--ceremonial Union cavalry saber with a name engraved on it.

Stereo equipment. With that hobby, I've not got a dime or a second to spend on anything else. Piece of advice: don't get started on the audio bug!

I posted some pics of the still-in-development HT/Listening room before. I thought it would tame my addiction, but instead has merely added fuel to the fire...

-Chris

covermye said:
Stereo equipment. With that hobby, I've not got a dime or a second to spend on anything else. Piece of advice: don't get started on the audio bug!
Heh, I know what you mean. My bro had about 10 grand in extra scholarship money that he had to spend on his education, and since he was a music student, he bought tons of stereo stuff. So I was helping him move into his apartment today, and we had.. Tannoy box, Tannoy box, Sony, Sony, Pioneer, Sony, NAD.. and then there were the speaker stands he made for his bookshelf speakers. Oi. He makes me look sane.

Magic: the gathering. I don't buy any more -- maybe one pack per new set which is about 3-4 a year.

I have a few old comics, not worth too much, however.

I used to collect stamps, shells and stones. I sold them, so I don't collect them anymore. I do buy comics, but those are for reading, not collection.

Mostly standard stuff, older U.S. coins and rocks/minerals.

I have a bunch of old 70's frisbees too. Brand new Super-Pros are my favorites. The glow in the dark Moonlighter disks are very cool too.

Used to collect comics. Had a complete run of every X-men before selling my collection in '87. Also had every FF except for 1-3 (couldn't afford those, even in the early 80s). Skipped the Magic: The Gathering craze but got into The Wizards by ICE in late '95 and collected every one (which I still have).

Now I'm collecting grey hairs and lines these days.

The Wizards by ICE in late '95 and collected every one (which I still have)

ICE = dead. =(

Being a B5 fan my buddy got me a full collection of collectable cards. I got two of them signed by JMS.

I collect comic books, magic:the gathering stopped acquiring more for a long time now (more than 10 years)
Now im into the computer hardware thing. Trying to build as quiet a system as possible and still beable to kick some major ass. Using shuttles sff(small form factor) XPCs.

later,
epicstruggle

Except collecting dust in the corners I collect money, mostly coins from around the world, coins that's been phased out or are old.

Back