We Love the Iraqi Information Minister.Com!

Silent_One

Newcomer
http://64.39.15.171/

God there are some great quotes in here:

"I NOW INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE TOO FAR FROM REALITY."

"They're not even [within] 100 miles [of Baghdad]. They are not in any
place. They hold no place in Iraq. This is an illusion ... they are
trying to sell to the others an illusion."

"Their infidels are committing suicide by the hundreds on the gates of Baghdad. Be assured, Baghdad is safe, protected."

"We blocked them inside the city. Their rear is blocked"

About Bush and Rumsfeld: "Those only deserve to be hit with shoes."

Great stuff....

I'm tempted to use this one as a sig.:

"It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait."

"What they say about a breakthrough [in Najaf] is completely an illusion. They are sending their warplanes to fly very low in order to have vibrations on these sacred places . . . they are trying to crack the buildings by flying low over them."

Classic. :LOL:

MuFu.

Heh...they have some good ones up on M.S.S. Throughout History side page too. :)

MSS_Black-Knight.jpg

Yeah this guy is quite a character no question. In the last two weeks I would watch the press conferences in the morning when they were held.(Both his and centcoms) In the last weeks though there began to be some real discrepancies in what was being said. However in the last week he held these press conferences it became obvious that he was bullshiting to the max. They did get very very comical particularly when he tried his hand at english. My sakes the last few that I saw it nearly put me in hysterics. There was something at this point that made me somewhat sympathetic to his cause though.... and that being he was so desperate he would say the things he did. Desperation seems to identify the source of sympathy.

Don't get me wrong .... I think particularly if I was a US soldier he would hang off the end of my bayonet. In fact if I was an Iraqi I'd hang him for trying to provoke me into defending Baghdad against impossible odds. I couldn't believe what this guy was saying ..... it sounded so outrageous that I thought initially that there might be a grain of truth since the media filter seemed so thick. In the end though his conferences were a total sham (if they weren't always.) and I became upset that the media actually covered his conferences.

Meanwhile via Al Jeezera and other Arab news media the Arab world is strangely seduced by this character and suicide bombers/militants think that Iraqi people are totally against the US lead removal of Saddams regime. Clearly the skewed message that Arabs got at the time betrays the jubilation that we see now. On that note we can only be sure that these same media are only focusing on the looters and that the US military is doing nothing to stifle the anarchy. This is of course what the Arab community wants to see... the evil works of Americans and so on. After all Al Jeezera and other Arab news cater to what these people want to see.

Even the media is getting in on it:

Dar Al-Hayat.com
Below is an excerpt from an editorial that appeared on the Web site of the London-based, Saudi-owned media organization.

Frankly, I missed Mohammad Said al-Sahhaf. He is the only Iraqi official who I think deserves full amnesty on all his previous crimes, because of his cuteness when he was lying in the face of the disaster. ...

I heard that al-Sahhaf has been captured, and then he issued a statement denying it, and declaring that he was the one who actually captured the Americans. Then I heard that when Saddam's statue was destroyed in Baghdad, al-Sahhaf made a statement to say that the statue was for one of Saddam's doubles.

Word-on-the-Street is that he died, along with the Iraqi VP, that night when the B1b dropped 8,000lbs of bunkerbusting bombs on the residential area where Saddam was suspected of being. It's a shame really, this man had potential.

Back