Warhawk - The GAF Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChryZ

Veteran
Ladies and Gentlemen,

the fine GAF Clan would like to propose a friendly match.
We can promise a 6v6 server, maybe even 8v8. Cycling CTF/Zones.
Playing on a B3D hosted server would be acceptable too.

Possible schedules:
SAT/SUN, 20:00/8PM-GMT, 21:00/9PM-CET, 15:00/3PM-EST, 12:00/noon-PST8PDT

We'll be monitoring your communication with great interest and would be happy to see you all on the battlefield.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

the fine GAF Clan would like to propose a friendly match.
We can promise a 6v6 server, maybe even 8v8. Cycling CTF/Zones.
Playing on a B3D hosted server would be acceptable too.

Possible schedules:
SAT/SUN, 20:00/8PM-GMT, 21:00/9PM-CET, 15:00/3PM-EST, 12:00/noon-PST8PDT

We'll be monitoring your communication with great interest and would be happy to see you all on the battlefield.

Clan leader says yes. Who else wants to join. Will need my best soldiers Jaeyden and codelogic.

I do prefer team deathmatches though.

Will need my best soldiers Jaeyden and codelogic.

I do prefer team deathmatches though.

You can be so hurtful sometimes Deep. :(

I'd be very keen. I don't think the B3D clan has done enough together (I'm probably referring more to myself than anyone else!).

And I'd prefer DMs too. I've never played a Zones game and without a headset I'm a bit of a headless chicken in CTF too.

I hope I'll be able to make it, or at least be on standby, or even just watch. At least let me know if there is any trouble filling up our end of the team, in which case I will make sure I can reserve a spot in that time-slot. Should be possible. And someone should make a video! ;)

I can't post at Gaf though, they won't let me in for some reason. Maybe it's the season. ;) (applications must be piling up)

I'd be very keen. I don't think the B3D clan has done enough together (I'm probably referring more to myself than anyone else!).

There's your answer ;)

Deep loves you all

Arwin you're not chickening out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't post at Gaf though, they won't let me in for some reason. Maybe it's the season. ;) (applications must be piling up)

I think you have to wait for some time (long probation period) before you can post there.

I can host a 12x12 dedicated server for the match (that's what it set me to last time I checked). I just need to know the time/date and the name of the GAF clan.

I can host a 12x12 dedicated server for the match (that's what it set me to last time I checked). I just need to know the time/date and the name of the GAF clan.
Sounds awesome! The clan name is "GAF U", our tag is [GAF].

Time frame: Saturday and/or Sunday, 20:00/8PM-GMT
(=21:00/9PM-CET, 15:00/3PM-EST, 12:00/noon-PST8PDT)

I would propose an unranked server, rotation of CTF/Zones/TDM, allow split-screen and clan options (sorting clan members into one team, etc).

Does Warhawk allow spectating like Resistance ?
Unfortunately there is no spectating in Warhawk.

I think you have to wait for some time (long probation period) before you can post there.

I have in fact received a 'you do not meet our requirements ... ' or something like that. I have tried again with my work address and that's been up there waiting for approval for weeks now also.

What you can do in Warhawk though is take one or two Warhawks and pilots and make them designated cameramen, as they did in that funny racing video.

BTW it's close. :p

Here's a list from best to worst in our clan (based on Kill/death ratio, amount of kills per game, and amount of ribbons per game....shows whether the player is the top player in games often.)

Jaeyden
codelogic
Captain Deep
Hank_scorpio
Xero
Darthwarn
Sindress
Opposed
Cuttlefish
Antan
Soul
Arwin
hmizer

Now those are currently the only members in the clan, though I have invited many more, I shall have to reinvite and list here how many are lost in combat.

Invited:

refsgaard
patsu
RagedHero
suzakastar
x-QUACK-x
Scuzzlebutt33
Prophecy2k
forcebomber
xXCharlieXx
DongHungLong
KnicksRIP
conceptics-US

Need PSN name:
archangelmorph (unless it's that :) )

Some may have changed their mind, or moved on...but still do people know how to accept a clan invite - the screen doesnt exactly flash at you, it's kinda hidden.

deepbrown, who's who in both lists above ? I don't know the PSN names as well as the B3D names. :p (I think suzukastar is avaya)

deepbrown, who's who in both lists above ? I don't know the PSN names as well as the B3D names. :p (I think suzukastar is avaya)

I'm not going through the thread again lol....they know who they are :D Though I'll say that slider is Mr Hanky.

Sounds awesome! The clan name is "GAF U", our tag is [GAF].

Time frame: Saturday and/or Sunday, 20:00/8PM-GMT
(=21:00/9PM-CET, 15:00/3PM-EST, 12:00/noon-PST8PDT)

I would propose an unranked server, rotation of CTF/Zones/TDM, allow split-screen and clan options (sorting clan members into one team, etc).

Unfortunately there is no spectating in Warhawk.

Spectating would be a nice feature. I'd be surprised to hear that their not already working on that.

Anyhow, in terms of server options:
  • Include all maps?
  • Enable dropships (not sure if it well let me with 12x12 though)?
  • Friendly fire (what %)?
  • Fly w/ flag?
  • Anything else?
I purpose a test run, before the actually challenge, just to see how well 12x12 would actually work if you want me to host it. In fact, maybe I'll setup the server while I'm out today, limit it to B3D and GAF, and anyone who's online can give feedback about performance. No password. The clan only option should keep everyone else out.

BTW it's close. :p

Here's a list from best to worst in our clan (based on Kill/death ratio, amount of kills per game, and amount of ribbons per game....shows whether the player is the top player in games often.)

Jaeyden
codelogic
Captain Deep
Hank_scorpio
Xero
Darthwarn
Sindress
Opposed
Cuttlefish
Antan
Soul
Arwin
hmizer

Wow, no kidding - you guys aren't trying if I can make it to fourth!

Deep: point taken on my lack of play and general anti-social-ness. Must try harder. (Although I get the impression you, Jaeyden and codelogic are on a different level at the minute.)

Ok, setup a test server. GAFvsB3D-PerformanceTest, or something like that. Limited to GAF U and Beyond3d only. If you get a chance to test it out please give feedback on map rotation, server options, performance, etc.

I tried to stick with maps that were for 8 - 24 or 12 - 24 players, in order to accommodate the maximum amount for the server while also trying to keep the minimum amount for the map as low as possible.

Wow, no kidding - you guys aren't trying if I can make it to fourth!

Deep: point taken on my lack of play and general anti-social-ness. Must try harder. (Although I get the impression you, Jaeyden and codelogic are on a different level at the minute.)

Well those results are not based on amount played (though that helps) - they are based on your quality as a player...how good you are when you play - which should hopefully show how useful you are in matches ;)

Some people who have only played 50 games are so good in that short amount of time, that they are higher on the list than those who have played quite a bit more...though generally experience means players are better.

Cool...some organized action starting to take place. I'm up for it. Will B3D get to borrow some GAFfer's to fill our roster? I've really only ever seen deepbrown, codelogic and myself online.....but hope that this "challenge" gets a few more people to come play this awesome game with us. :cool:

Edit: Got on that server that Gradtrawn setup. I'm getting a ping of 164, not bad. If anyone is in need of any pointers or practice and see me playing....feel free to ask and I'll jump in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back