Virtua Tennis 3 on Lindburgh

War said:

These guys are hilarious!

ukresistance said:
We'll probably go just because of this, and also because there might be an OutRun2 on freeplay and girls playing DDR.

As you can see, the game is about 'tennis'. The rules of tennis are that you hit the ball over the net, trying to keep it between the lines. You score 15 points each time your opponent fails to keep it in, although sometimes you only score ten points -- that's because the scoring system was created by the French who were just being difficult.

The most important rule of tennis is to be a pretty blond girl. Then it doesn't matter if you win, as you will win in life anyway.

Sega didn't send out any screenshots of the blond girls, so all you get is loads of men's arses :(

It's the grass one set in London! Obviously it'll be called the "London Open" or the "England Cup" or the "Jolly Tournament" rather than "Wimbledon".

:LOL:

Very weak grass

vtuk.jpg

Can they really manage no more than simple low-res texture? At least scale the UV coords so the big green blobs aren't so big!

The shots are small, but the graphics look good. Skin seems less plastic-like than in the VF5 shots. I agree about the textures. Now some high-res shots please!

Shifty Geezer said:
Very weak grass

vtuk.jpg

Can they really manage no more than simple low-res texture? At least scale the UV coords so the big green blobs aren't so big!

The grass would be very nice with some subtle detail texturing and/or fur shading. And i'm sure all the platforms the game will come out on can handle that and much more.

I love how Sega are using VERY good self-shadowing on their new games, VF5 and VT3, really adds to the depth.

Oh great, finaly some news about this third installment! The 4player doubles in VT2 on PS2 was incredibly fun in my opinion:D Would be nice with some videos.

Sindre said:
Oh great, finaly some news about this third installment! The 4player doubles in VT2 on PS2 was incredibly fun in my opinion:D Would be nice with some videos.

I was thinking.. PS3 lets you connect 7 wireless controllers... Does that mean 4 for the players, 2 for the towel/ball boys (one for each side) and one for the umpire? :LOL:

london-boy said:
I was thinking.. PS3 lets you connect 7 wireless controllers... Does that mean 4 for the players, 2 for the towel/ball boys (one for each side) and one for the umpire? :LOL:

No actually I heard those extra controllers will be for the camera men, for those up-skirt angles;-)

Back