Value of Linus Tech Media benchmarking / reviews *pretend spawn

I think LTT are decent enough personalities for surface level reviews of hardware. But I would never trust their benchmarks. If they really want to get into true benchmarks that be great. But maybe they need to give the benchmarks more time to bake while using personality based videos to fill in the gaps in their content gaps. Shouldn't be to hard to film and edit a bunch of their team's personal set ups at home or hey look at these weird gadgets from amazon or wish for your pc and have them ready to throw up if a review of hardware is taking longer

I hope they figure out a process so there is someone else that double checks the on camera talent's hot takes on stuff. Also a new process to make sure all items sent to them are accounted for and end up in the right place

But now LTT is billing themselves as competent reviewers since they got a big lab, unfortunately that doesn't help unless you're willing to put the time in on how to properly use it.

Kudos to Steve and GN, I can't believe the viddy has damn near 2 million views in less than a day! A bit above GN's average.

But now LTT is billing themselves as competent reviewers since they got a big lab, unfortunately that doesn't help unless you're willing to put the time in on how to properly use it.

Kudos to Steve and GN, I can't believe the viddy has damn near 2 million views in less than a day! A bit above GN's average.
Its the combo of SEO formula AND content. Glad it got algorithm'd.

It's fucking terrible that Linus wouldn't spend a few hundred dollars of employees time to get correct testing done, knowing it's wrong, in a 100m+ company. Good ole' bottom line mindset. Minimum effort, maximum output, churn out the content en masse. It's crazy the amount of videos they put out each week, no wonder they make so many mistakes.

Only criticism I have of the Gamers Nexus video is it doesn't sound like the contact LTT for comment before releasing the video. I think that's the proper thing to do, even if LTT originally released a video that took an unwarranted shot at Gamers Nexus.

So when is this going to get all gangster and someone has a cap popped in their arse?

(Sorry, I'm British and not really down with the lingo).

You know things are about to go down when Steve shaves his head in front of the camera. Until then, the HW review world is still safe.

I can't believe Linus sent Billet Labs and e-mail 3 hours after Steve's video went live and is trying to say Billet Labs and LTT have reached an agreement when Billet Labs hasn't even replied to their e-mail yet. Did they not think Steve would reach out to Billet Labs? Also pretty bloody brazenly slimey, how does Linus even reply to this without starting off with, "Well I lied."?

I can't believe Linus sent Billet Labs and e-mail 3 hours after Steve's video went live and is trying to say Billet Labs and LTT have reached an agreement when Billet Labs hasn't even replied to their e-mail yet. Did they not think Steve would reach out to Billet Labs? Also pretty bloody brazenly slimey, how does Linus even reply to this without starting off with, "Well I lied."?

Honestly LTT is so huge compared to Gamers Nexus that they probably should have never responded directly.

Watching these egomanical Youtube personalities clash is funny, in my books none of them is worthy of technical respect, as they fill their review videos with personal trash and subjective views. These channels have long abandoned objectivity for the sake of drama stunts, entertainment and clicks, and this recent feud between them is evidence enough.

Watching these egomanical Youtube personalities clash is funny, in my books none of them is worthy of technical respect, as they fill their review videos with personal trash and subjective views. These channels have long abandoned objectivity for the sake of drama stunts, entertainment and clicks, and this recent feud between them is evidence enough.
gn seems to try harder than ltt to keep objectivity so it severely lacks nuance just both-siding this

Back