UT3 Interview - played on the PS3!

It does indeed look very nice! Can't check it out in detail because I'm at work, but nice stuff!

I don't think i've ever seen anything like that. Bumps everywhere, dynamic shadows when he drove around. My eyes wanted to melt.

I love that forcefield that slows the bullets and rockets down :)

Same here. I always wanted to see a slow-mo grenade in a multi-player game.
This is even better.

I don't think i've ever seen anything like that. Bumps everywhere, dynamic shadows when he drove around. My eyes wanted to melt.

It looks great.

Unfortunately most of videos are offscreen, hard to declare best gfx of the year yet. :)

It looks nice but not massively better than Gears of War.

As one would expect of a UE3 title.

Loves me some game trailers, though.

The hoverboard is just stupid though. Emblematic of the wrong, gimmicky path UT series has taken lately imo.

The hoverboard is just stupid though. Emblematic of the wrong, gimmicky path UT series has taken lately imo.

It certainly is not gimmicky when you have huge maps.
I very welcomed it in Jak 2, sure it will be used in UT3 a lot.

the hoverboard is not just some gimmick thrown into the game... as said above, with maps so big, its simply there to get you back into the action.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too excited by those vehicles. They seem like a good cause for escaping doom. I hope there are mutators to not have vehicles or disable the hoverboard (options are good). I just envision too much abuse I guess. :/

I'm looking forward to the single player mode though. It's more a curiosity than anything because the main game is a tournament.

Looks awesome, way more things/people/physics going onscreen then gears + bigger maps:p

Lol, have you even seen the video?

There are no AI/human players besides Mark Reins character. Barely any physics shown to make any conclusion at all and barely any stuff onscreen besides the level architecture! :p

Lol, have you even seen the video?

There are no AI/human players besides Mark Reins character. Barely any physics shown to make any conclusion at all and barely any stuff onscreen besides the level architecture! :p

Obviously not :p

I didn't like the art at all. It must be one of the best looking uglyness I've ever seen.

Mark Rein

(the person on the right next to the booth babe ;))

markrein.jpg

The slow-motion box was cool but the flying laser beams did not lighten the environment, why do they not make them real lights, we are talking next-gen games!?

Quit talking smack about each other, and instead discus the thread topic, please.

Quit talking smack about each other, and instead discus the thread topic, please.

Thank you!

The slow-motion box was cool but the flying laser beams did not lighten the environment, why do they not make them real lights, we are talking next-gen games!?

I hope they bring it in for the final since it just makes the fire fights so much more beautiful when the energy bullets etc lights up the environment.
Otherwise maybe through modding for both PC and PS3 since both accept mods (although I dont know to what extent on the PS3).

I hope they bring it in for the final since it just makes the fire fights so much more beautiful when the energy bullets etc lights up the environment.
Otherwise maybe through modding for both PC and PS3 since both accept mods (although I dont know to what extent on the PS3).

That's kind of a curious thing because you'd think with deferred shading/lighting, it wouldn't be an issue since it's just another light... In fact, with 16+ people shooting in the scene, it would be a good reason for implementing that rendering method.

Now...whether or not those lights should cast dynamic shadows... that might be too intense and worthless (to enable by default) for a fast-paced shooter.

Do they have direct feed videos yet ? I like the Stasis Field, Scavanger and Nightshade. It would be good to watch some gameplay videos to see how well they work, and how strong/fragile the vehicles are.

Nebula said:

Good point, I totally forgot about the user mods. What can you change using the mods ? Just visual aspects ?

Back