Using unapproved drivers, The Anand way.

Evildeus said:
:rolleyes: You know there's a place named Futuremark's "3DMark®03 Approved Drivers" and if you go there, i'm sure that you will be able to see that:

They have missed optimizations before...

I'm missing the connection between Anand in the title and FS in the original post.

And I thought I saw UT2K4 screens showing the bri opts both on and off? I suppose it's possible nV is using app detection, I think more than just Brandon would pick up on it?

In fact, they didn't miss it at all, they simply didn't patch it. Disappointing to be sure, but it was pointed out.

Anyways, my point in the original post is still valid. By recently cheating with fx series, nvidia ensured that many sites chose not to do comparisons of 9800 xt vs 6800 in 3dmark. A bit silly situation really...

I thought it simply highlighted the technical ignorance of 3D hardware sites in general. Actually, the arguments that raged on forums were an excellent way of guaging the knowledge of each sites community and staff.

Hi guys, at the time I was running 6800U numbers, FutureMark hadn't updated their site with news that 60.72 was approved. Now that I know that it is approved, I'll be posting an updated article with ATI numbers included for comparison. I figured just posting NVIDIA 3DMark numbers was the best compromise to a complicated situation.

It looks like NVIDIA has indeed made it possible to finally disable brilinear with this latest driver. Brilinear is the default setting though.

Brandon said:
It looks like NVIDIA has indeed made it possible to finally disable brilinear with this latest driver. Brilinear is the default setting though.

AFAIK that is true, but the caveat is that it is only true for NV40. NV3x doesn't have the option to disable brilinear.

hopefully there will be some way to enable this option in the drivers with an NV3x card. I've been searching, but yet to find any.

Back