UBIsoft in potential financial trouble

Despite good reviews the new Persia of Persia has apparently flopped. Here’s a game that doesn’t suffer from the much maligned DEI and open world fatigue issues but still didn’t sell. In this case poor marketing and pricing were likely culprits.

I think you’re right. It’s been cool to hate on Ubisoft for a few years now. I think a lot of the vitriol is just people piling on.

100% agree on this and I honestly don't get it. The AC games vary a bit in quality but they're always absolutely solid IMO. Ranging IMO from spectacular with the likes of Odyssey (a high point), to just great with Valhalla (a relative low point). I'm really enjoying Mirage at the moment as well although only recently started it.

Nobody has ever cared about the modern day timeline in AC, they could abandon all of that and nobody would notice (in fact, I thought they did with Valhalla).

It was still there in Valhalla but yes they definitely underplay it these days (rightly so). I haven't seen it pop up yet in Mirage but there's still time.

The thing isnt that it casts a black guy. I am sure everybody would have been happy under the right context. The issue is that it just doesnt fit with the context.
A black samurai who acts like a hidden assasin is too obvious to not be noticed in a land where everyone is Japanese/asian. A different role would have probably been more fitting.
I can appreciate that argument. It's completely different to the one presented so far though, that the story and writing and production will suck because of this and drive gamers away. You can still craft good story around Yasuke being so visible and prominent.

It seems the female protagonist is similar if not more nonsensical, being the fictional daughter of a real legend who only fathered a son. AC is a long running franchise. How much was historically accurate in past titles and how has that changed over time?

Desmond Boringman was the lead for the first six? games and he was just made up. :)

(His 2012 bits count as ancient history btw)
He was experiencing the life a middle eastern assassin in the simulation of course located in the middle east, which is inspired by actual historical existence of the Order of Assassins in the medieval times. The name assassin actually has roots from the word "hashish" which they consumed before their operations

He was experiencing the life a middle eastern assassin in the simulation of course located in the middle east, which is inspired by actual historical existence of the Order of Assassins in the medieval times. The name assassin actually has roots from the word "hashish" which they consumed before their operations

I've never been convinced that they were an effective organisation in real life with that strategy. :)

Last edited:
I've never been convinced that they were an effective origination in real life with that strategy. :)
You mean the use of hashish? It was used as a form of manipulation as a mind altering drug used with religious propaganda if I recall by their authority. That made them blindly obedient to the extreme, ready to sacrifice their lives on command
That was partially depicted in the original game when they were asked to jump to their (fake) deaths

You mean the use of hashish? It was used as a form of manipulation as a mind altering drug used with religious propaganda if I recall by their authority. That made them blindly obedient to the extreme, ready to sacrifice their lives on command
That was partially depicted in the original game when they were asked to jump to their (fake) deaths

Feeling euphoric and really hungry have never struck me as key assassin attributes. :)

Ummm..... Because canonically it's impossible.
I have to keep explaining that Assassin's Creed uses Trancers rules for time travel. How that works is you travel back in time through your genetic timeline. In AC, it's a simulation based on your genetic memory. But it requires that your bloodline directly connects to the person you are traveling into. Musashi famously only had children he adopted. Therefore, for historical accuracy, Musashi cannot ever be a playable character in an Assassin's Creed game.
Wow that's tragically kojimaesque! They should remove that useless stuff from the games.

Nobody has ever cared about the modern day timeline in AC, they could abandon all of that and nobody would notice (in fact, I thought they did with Valhalla).
This.

Back