The Sims 4

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13524

I noticed there's no thread about this, though the game has been announced for quite some time.

I've seen some videos and it seems interesting:

However, EA has been under scrutiny over the announcement that the new game won't have toddlers or pools. This means no more "take out the stairs homicide" jokes and babies "evolve" automatically to teenagers like pokemon evolutions.
People naturally assumed that EA was planning on releasing overly expensive DLCs for that and criticized EA for it.

And how did EA respond to criticism?
The fact is, we owe you a clearer explanation for why pools and toddlers will not be in The Sims 4 at launch, so here goes. It begins with new technology and systems that we built for this new base game for The Sims – a new AI system, new animation system, new audio positioning tools, new locomotion logic, new routing intelligence and much more are all entirely new in this game. The vision for The Sims 4 is a new experience that brings your Sims to life in deeper and uniquely personal ways – through emotions, personality traits, behaviors and interactions. To do that, our technology base needed a major upgrade.

So the bottom line is that when we sat down and looked at everything we wanted to do for this game, all the new tech we wanted to build into it, the fact was that there would be trade-offs, and these would disappoint some of our fans. Hard pill to swallow, believe me, but delivering on the vision set out for The Sims 4 required focus.

So their answer is:
"We don't have toddlers or pools because of animation, audio and AI".

I don't know who let's them post bullshit like this but it looks like EA is begging for another Sim City PR disaster.

Of course, it's Sims so it'll still sell like crazy. And then the consumers' voice will again lose credibility and the videogame market will become a little bit worse as a result.
I still can't believe how the terrible SimCity 2013 got over 5 million sales. They got away with it...

The sims will sell no mater what. My gf is already super excited and has it preordered and she will buy every expansion for it as she has done for each of the other sims to come out.

I'm trying to convince her to at least wait for the 50% sale it will have a few months after launch. I keep remind her of sim city and the trouble we had. So hopefully I convince her.

The sims will sell no mater what. My gf is already super excited and has it preordered and she will buy every expansion for it as she has done for each of the other sims to come out.

I'm trying to convince her to at least wait for the 50% sale it will have a few months after launch. I keep remind her of sim city and the trouble we had. So hopefully I convince her.
Girls love The Sims, it seems. I don't think no other Sims game will get me as addicted as the first one. It was craze at home, even my sister friends' used to play it at our house.

Back