The Minter's equivalent of the Madden's Curse

Marvelite

Newcomer
For those who does'nt know, Jeff Minter who is famous for his Yak themed video games and the various versions of the light synthesizer programs since the 80's.
I remembered reading an interview about his preference for the Atari ST over the technologically superior Commodore Amiga. The cheaper ST lead in sales for a few years before being slowly overtaken by the Amiga. Then there's his involvement with Konix Multisystem, the cutting edge British console. Check out this link: http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/zogginhell/konix.html. It's actually quite cool if it had been released.
After that, there's the Atari Panther and the Atari Jaguar. In the latter part of the 90's he developed for the ill fated VM Lab Nuon: http://www.playerschoicegames.com/nuon.html
Lately he has been declaring his love for the Xbox 360. Do you see the pattern or not? Seems like he has the mutant power of the kiss of death.

I don't think Minter will be any kind of 'kiss of death' of the 360, what kind of nonsense is that? :D It's already survived his lightsynth...

Am I supposed to guess you're trying to be sarcastic?

He also loved the Commodore 64 and made many games for this system.

So not every system he choses goes on to fail.

I thought he was a bigger fan of Atari and only really did stuff on the 64 because the Atari computers never really took off as much.

He also was working on stuff for the Gamecube before that died a death in Europe (or at least in the UK).

I'm a big fan of his work (or at least I was when I was just getting into coding) but with his recent track record if I were a platform manufacturer I'd be nervous about having his support :)

(Seriously though I'm sure he's a lovely bloke and much of his extensive back-catalog is classic stuff IMHO)

Not as far as I know, no.

He went from Jaguar to Nuon to PocketPC, then via Gamecube to X360.

I had to look it up to be sure. Tempest X3 on the Playstation carried his name, but apparently he didn't actually work on that version of the game.

The PS version of tempest also wasn't as visually impressive as the jaguar version, though it may have run at a better framerate. The particle effects were seriously toned down on the PS... :(

Back