The computer set that I'm going to buy in mid november

NonNative

Newcomer
CPU : Q6600 2.4GHz Quad Core
Its seem in november there is no value version of new 45nm quad core and I'm going to stuck with this cpu.

Mainboard : Going to have X38 based or n780i based,since the performance of X38 is the worst when running at 800 FSB.I hope a hope for n780i

Ram : Kingston or Corsair 1GBx4 DDR2 800.

Harddisk : Westren Digital SATA2 500GBx2.

VGA : Going to get 8800GT or RV670XT.

Monitor : Samsung 226BW S if I'm lucky enough to find one but if I couldnt I might try my luck on samgsung 2232GW instead.

DVD-Writer : Just asus one

Soudcard : Since I can cut off the money from aluminium case I'll get Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer.

Speakers : Creative Inspire T6100 or Altec Lansing VS3251.

Powersupply : Enermax 450watts.Do you think its enough ?

What do you guys think about it ?

Umm are sure that I really need more than 500watts ?
Becuase that's excessed my budget.

Shouldnt 8800GT cosumes less power because of 65 nm ?
Is there anyway to save this ?

Like connected monitor power not via powersupply ?
Or using taiwaness brand 550 watts PSU instead for cheaper ?

450W is probably plenty for that system though, unless he plans on going SLI. I doubt that System even comes close to 400W unless he heavily overvolts the CPU for overclocking purposes.

Are you going to overclock? Do you think you're going to go mental in the future buying multiple power hungry graphics cards?

If not, go to SPCR and read up on what others are running on good quality 450W PSUs. 450W is way more than enough for 99.9% of normal systems, you're better off buying a quality 450W than a sub-quality 600W PSU. Spend your money on quality, not quantity.

Nope I'm not going to use SLI or overclock.
I might overclock my GPU tho. :)

Anyway I dont have much of PSU choices here.If I go with quality I will go with Enermax.

Go with 2x2Gb DDR2 memory instead. It provides room for expansion in the future and most boards seem harder to overclock with all 4 ram slots populated.

I just feel strongly it's better to have a bit more rather than push the minimum, and PSU is something you never upgrade unless you need to.

After alot of events that happened in couple days.
Its seem RV670XT will be slower than G92.
Phenom X4 seems slower than Kentsfield.
The new release of Intel CPU will not affected price of the budget CPU.(Seem all of them are high-end)
The price of 8800GT is rising during demend.

The question is should I buy a new computer now with Q6600+8800GT before the price rising more ?

Last edited by a moderator:
After alot of events that happened in couple days.
Its seem RV670XT will be slower than G92.
Phenom X4 seems slower than Kentsfield.
The new release of Intel CPU will not affected price of the budget CPU.(Seem all of them are high-end)
The price of 8800GT is rising during demend.

The question is should I buy a new computer now with Q6600+8800GT before the price rising more ?

CPU prices will all get slotted down with a new release (whatever was highest before will move down a notch, whatever was 2nd... etc etc), but it might take a bit till that makes it to retail.

I wouldn't be concerned about rising prices from a few places trying to gouge on limited initial quantities, that always settles down fairly quickly.

You can always wait for new tech, the prices will almost always be lower the longer you hold out. You just have to balance the value of your satisfaction with how long you'll have to wait.

If its not killing you to wait a couple of weeks, I'd wait. You might get pleasantly surprised.

The X38 is too expensive for what it brings to the table. I would either wait for X48 or go for a P35-based board.

Waiting will ALWAYS get you something better. But really, you have to jump in sometime.

It just depends on how much longer can you stomach your current system?

Back