The "best" type of online communication is..

The "best" way to communicate online is through..

• instant messenger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chat room (i.e.: IRC chat)

• message boards / forums (i.e. : Beyond3D forums)

• blogging

• other

• Total voters
voice chat. This after using one such program while playing EverQuest2. So much nicer than typing, plus its kinda cool associating a voice to a virtual toon.

epic

epicstruggle said:
voice chat.
It all depends on who you are communicating with and what you are trying to achieve. For instance, if someone wanted to communicate to you the source code of some software then voice chat would be rubbish. You have to select the correct medium for your intent.

Diplo said:
epicstruggle said:
voice chat.
It all depends on who you are communicating with and what you are trying to achieve. For instance, if someone wanted to communicate to you the source code of some software then voice chat would be rubbish. You have to select the correct medium for your intent.
well the question is open ended, there really isnt a "best" answer as we dont know what we are communicating. For my use, voice chat is the best communication software. :)

epic

Message boards because I can edit posts and add/remove insults/stupid remarks/etc... as needed without the recipient of the post noticing any changes.

Close call between IM, IRC and message boards. I voted IM because it has the least annoying traits. I don't like e-mail or voice chat (or phone) that much.

Message boards by far. A much wider topic-specific readership/interactive level than the other mediums as well as not being so immediete that it's "in your face".

I can't take IRC 'cause it eats up too much of my life, forums suit me just fine. 8)

depends on the situation. Message boards for multiple people, but I would rather have IM for one on ones...

epicstruggle said:
voice chat. This after using one such program while playing EverQuest2. So much nicer than typing, plus its kinda cool associating a voice to a virtual toon.

epic

i guess voice chat in politics forum would be interesting thing..... maybe dave decides to put it there ;)

Back