Texan TV Troubles and Tangents *spawn*

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
I knocked the TV over and smashed it. :rolleyes:

whoa! is the tv.... sorry, i mean... are you okay? :p

btw in my experience, Xcloud is way more tolerant to latency spikes and packet losses. It even works fine with me using 2.4ghz wifi. While with local streaming, i need to use pristine 5GHz wifi with consistent less than 2ms latency. If using the network with inconsistent latency, each latency spike = visual/audio glitches.

Well, I did get a nice new TV. The kids scratched it within a week. /sigh

One year we thought we wouldn't make it to my FIL's on Christmas day so we went the weekend before and left our son to spend the night. My FIL bought a new 65" TV for Christmas along with a BB gun for our son without getting our approval. He waited till after we left to give it to our son (who buys a BB gun for 5yo?). He shows my son how to use it who then immediately points it at the TV and shoots it. The MIL immediately calls my wife because now their brand new TV has BB hole dead center (dead shot at 5yo) with a long vertical crack.

I LOL'd and told my wife to tell the FIL not to expect us to pay for the TV because the FIL created the scenario all by himself without our knowledge.

Last edited:
The better question is. Why were there BBs in a BB gun indoors? Any responsible parent or grandparent would only allow BBs to be put into a BB gun outdoors.

5 years old might be a little early, but if you're going to do it, they are old enough by then to start learning some good responsible habits (don't point the gun at people, don't load a gun unless you have a good reason to load a gun, carry the gun with the muzzle pointed down, etc.). Basically at that young age, you only allow them to load and shoot the BB gun in a designated shooting area.

Regards,
SB

He siad Texans! :runaway:

I know it's a joke, but it's not an excuse. :) Most Texans I've known have been responsible gun owners and would be horrified by what this grandfather allowed to happen. :) I mean, they'd probably laugh their asses off at the stupidity of it as well, but they'd still be horrified that someone was stupid enough to do that. :p

Regards,
SB

Most Texans I've known have been responsible gun owners and would be horrified by what this grandfather allowed to happen. :)

Granted, but many Texans I have seen giving interviews on TV or to newspapers, do appear to be absolutely mental. :yep2:

They can't all be mental though, it's mathematically improbable.

Granted, but many Texans I have seen giving interviews on TV or to newspapers, do appear to be absolutely mental. :yep2:

They can't all be mental though, it's mathematically improbable.

Sure, but you find those people in every state and country in the world. :) On a per capita basis, CA probably has a lot more of them. :)

Regards,
SB

Sure, but you find those people in every state and country in the world. :) On a per capita basis, CA probably has a lot more of them. :)
But how many people in the world would vote for Greg Abbott and Ted Cruz to lead them?

Check, and mate. :yep2:

The tools for reporting off topic are lacking. Can you please clear up all the political talk, the bb gun talk, etc etc as it is not germane to the topic? Thank you.
You've been 'triggered'?
Sorry perhaps the worse joke I've made all year (and its december)

Hell no Texans would buy a 5 year old a real gun, bb guns are communism....
If you allow that then before you know it people will be buying children toy guns made of plastic that dont even fire anything.
MEh16kT.jpg

Last edited:
Back