Teacher sprays disabled kid after he farts in school.

Paul

Veteran
http://nydailynews.com/front/story/140685p-124740c.html

A Brooklyn elementary schoolteacher was removed from class and arrested on assault charges yesterday after a 10-year-old student with Down syndrome complained she doused him with air freshener when he passed gas.

Jane Fasone, 58, a veteran teacher at Public School 72 in East New York, is accused of spraying the boy's buttocks and mouth and making him stand against a wall, sources said.

"It's hard to believe she would do something like that," said Phyllis Esposito, 55, Fasone's neighbor in Marine Park.

Esposito said Fasone, the married mother of two adult sons, has taught disabled children for years.

"She's a nice woman who goes to church every Sunday," Esposito said. Fasone refused to comment last night as detectives led her out of the Child Advocacy Center in downtown Brooklyn in handcuffs.

She was charged with third-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child, police said. She was being held last night pending an arraignment.

Esposito said Fasone had been looking forward to making dessert for a Thanksgiving meal at the home of one of her sons. Now she may be spending the holiday in jail.

She was removed from the Shepherd Ave. school at 1 p.m. yesterday and reassigned to a regional school office pending the outcome of an investigation and hearing, Department of Education officials said.

Witnesses told police and school investigators that the boy passed gas inside the teacher's fourth-grade classroom on Nov. 19 about 1:30 p.m. The teacher allegedly pulled back the boy's pants and sprayed aerosol air freshener at his buttocks, school officials said.

She also allegedly sprayed the chemicals at his mouth before pushing him against a wall and making him stand up for 11/2 hours - until the end of the school day, school officials said.

The boy told his parents of the incident on Friday, and his father went to speak to the school's principal Monday, sources said.

Brooklyn child abuse cops took over the investigation and interviewed Fasone and several other witnesses, sources said.[/i[

yeah, sound plain nuts. On a side note, in the computer labs here at MSU. Youll get/had people (mostly from china/india) who dont know nothing about personal hygiene. Some of the b.o. is vomute inducing. Weve had to resort to having the staff send a general email to all about the benefits of not smelling. ;)

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
yeah, sound plain nuts. On a side note, in the computer labs here at MSU. Youll get/had people (mostly from china/india) who dont know nothing about personal hygiene. Some of the b.o. is vomute inducing. Weve had to resort to having the staff send a general email to all about the benefits of not smelling. ;)

later,
epic

That sucks if you are the type that LIKES the smell.

where i used to work we had a lad come in, nice lad , but he started to get a rep for whiffing a bit of b.o.... of course us lads couldnt broach the subject................... so sara our luvvly secretary got a can of lynx deodarent and stuck it on his desk..... never a problem afterwards.......

-dave-

davefb said:
where i used to work we had a lad come in, nice lad , but he started to get a rep for whiffing a bit of b.o.... of course us lads couldnt broach the subject................... so sara our luvvly secretary got a can of lynx deodarent and stuck it on his desk..... never a problem afterwards.......

-dave-

People like this make me wonder. Stop trying to be so fucking polite and tell the smelly guy to shower/ use deororant. Do you think you are being polite by NOT saying anything? If you think abgout it that is the rudest/meanest thing you can do. Grow some balls and be a man.

well quite.......... though at work since you're not actually 'mates' with people it's a fine line between being helpful and being rude...... there are a number of other people thru the years with similar problems , but were more 'geeks' and frankly didnt seem to care............
-dave-

even if you repeatedly told them.........

london-boy said:
"She's a nice woman who goes to church every Sunday," Esposito said.

Then she MUST be innocent!!!!!! :rolleyes: :LOL:

I had a few rolleyes lined up for that one as well - you beat me to it.

Well at least she didn't light him.

MuFu.

Is this the work of a schizo or a nice lady? :rolleyes:
She abused a child, she should spend thanksgiving behind bars. Let's hope it's with a female version of Bubba or Michael Jackson.

hey69 said:
wow they arrest people for this in the US ? :LOL:

Why shouldn't they....? If i read correctly (and i did), she sprayed him with deodorant in his mouth, which is not really the best for dental care if u ask me... Also she took his pants down and sprayed his ass... errrrmmmm not exactly the "best" behaviour a teacher should have. And let's not get into the fact that the kid has Down syndrome....

Stop trying to be so fucking polite and tell the smelly guy to shower/ use deororant. Do you think you are being polite by NOT saying anything? If you think abgout it that is the rudest/meanest thing you can do. Grow some balls and be a man.

I agree if someone constantly smells badley then they should be told about it. But with as much tact as possible, politeness doesn't cost anything and being a tactless jackass doesn't equal being a man. Just walking up to some guy and saying "you smell take a shower" deserves a smack in the mouth IMO.

Teasy said:
Stop trying to be so fucking polite and tell the smelly guy to shower/ use deororant. Do you think you are being polite by NOT saying anything? If you think abgout it that is the rudest/meanest thing you can do. Grow some balls and be a man.

I agree if someone constantly smells badley then they should be told about it. But with as much tact as possible, politeness doesn't cost anything and being a tactless jackass doesn't equal being a man. Just walking up to some guy and saying "you smell take a shower" deserves a smack in the mouth IMO.

Did you see me suggest that when you tell the smeller you stand up and yell " YOU SMELL LIKE A SHIT HOUSE!" ?

A simple "Hey man, I can smell your BO... I'd suggest you take a shower."

And even then screaming it would STILL be more polite than saying nothing. Not saying anything deserves a "smack in the mouth" --- for the limp wristed ones. If you are a man a punch would do.

Same goes for telling girls/goths they have mascara goop on their eyelids. :)

Ok, maybe not goths.

MuFu.

I, personally, would like to see more evidence presented that this actually happened before I passe gas, er I mean judgement.

When I was in High School, there was a girl in my class who accused a teacher in another school of having an affair with her. There was a huge statutory rape trial, and the guy had his liscense suspended and lost his job. Then came the verdict: he was innocent. Apparenty, she had tried to make a pass at him and he rebuffed her, and so she went and told the authorities he had slept with her in order to get back at him, (having gone to school with this girl it seems very plausible. Think Reese Witherspoon in Election). But none of that really mattered to the guy who was accused. He had already lost his job and had his career destroyed, (even if you're innocent, no district is going to hire you if you have this on your record, as there will always be questions).

This seems like an event that someone could very easily fabricate, and most people would clearly flock to the kid's side, because it is such an outrageous act. But it may well be a witch hunt. So take a little time to think and reflect before passing judgment.

Oops, can't believe I didn't see this earlier.

Did you see me suggest that when you tell the smeller you stand up and yell " YOU SMELL LIKE A SHIT HOUSE!" ?

Well no, but then I didn't say that you did suggest that. What you said suggested more like "you smell take a shower". If that's not what you meant then fine, we don't disagree then.

Not saying anything deserves a "smack in the mouth" --- for the limp wristed ones. If you are a man a punch would do.

A smack in the mouth is just slang for a punch where I'm from.

P.S. Sorry to bring this thread back. I just didn't want anyone thinking that I go around literally smacking people I'm not a mincer or anything.... :LOL:

Teasy said:
P.S. Sorry to bring this thread back. I just didn't want anyone thinking that I go around literally smacking people I'm not a mincer or anything.... :LOL:

Well, no one thought anything, since this thread was from NOVEMBER LAST YEAR!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Back