Surface 3 + Jet Set Radio, Saturn USB and other game demos

Surface 3 (Atom) 4GB of RAM running Jet Set Radio (Steam) beautifully and flawlessly with wired X360 controller. Also demonstration of Street Fighter III (Mame) and Hokuto no Ken (PCSX2) with Saturn USB pad. (Saturn controller requires a small registry value change to work.) Surface ran all games w/o getting barely warm.

Ikaruga (Steam) running vertical fullscreen on Surface 3 w/ Saturn USB. Also Guardian Heroes (SSF) (checkout the massive sprite action with zero slow down) and Capcom vs Snk2 (PCSX2) (Sorry the lighting is bad in the last two games because they look just as good as Ikaruga.

Will post a USFIV video when it goes on Steam sale.

probably surface 3 with atom is faster than my Vaio Tap 11 with Intel i5 Y series.

btw how does the picture looks in surface's HD screen?

probably surface 3 with atom is faster than my Vaio Tap 11 with Intel i5 Y series.

btw how does the picture looks in surface's HD screen?

2nkpe9e.jpg

Jet Set Radio looks as good, the rest of the games are natively at a lower rest, but with beautiful colors and image quality.

Wouldn't any Baytrail device with windows run that flawlessly as well?

depends on the ram I would wager. The surface has 4 gigs I don't know many baytrail devices with that amount

I have a Pentium N3530 quad core Baytrail based with 4GB in a fanless ACER 11.6 inch laptop. It runs Final Fantasy 12 fine on PCSX2 at native resolution. Upscaling to 1080p is another matter though, too slow.

well remember cherry trail should be faster as there is an IPC improvement and the gpu got bigger along with more bandwidth.

well remember cherry trail should be faster as there is an IPC improvement and the gpu got bigger along with more bandwidth.

Yeah, I think even Bay Trail is impressive as it is. I basically traded a heavier 2.7Kg Core i5 Arrendale from 2010 with a GeForce GT325M for an 11.inch 1.4Kg machine that performs better and gives me around 8 hours battery life. Mind you also got a more powerfull desktop, but for basic work and web browsing on the go its an excellent machine! Android tablets are no competition at all, even with a detachable keyboard, for who wants to do more than simple content consumption.

I don't disagree , heck cherry trail isn't to far away in terms of performance from my surface pro 1. I'd get a surface 3 if the screen was bigger and it had the full foldable kickstand of the 3pro.

I don't disagree , heck cherry trail isn't to far away in terms of performance from my surface pro 1. I'd get a surface 3 if the screen was bigger and it had the full foldable kickstand of the 3pro.

Yeah, 11.6 inch is the reasonable minimum to have some kind of productivity on Windows. Anything below is too small and the realm of entertainment focused tablets.

the aspect ratio also important.

im using vaio tap 11 with 16:9 AR and its HORRIBLE

you use it landscape = more than half screen eaten by keyboard
you use it portraid = its too bloody tall

Back